VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!
    I'm making a multimenu VCD with VCDEasy 2.0.1. The VCD has a main menu with 3 different choices. Each choice (1 - 3) will take me to a submenu. Submenu 1 and 2 contains 9 different selections. 1 to 8 for individual videoclips and selection 9 to take me back to the main menu.

Submenu 3 has 6 different selections. 1 - 5 for individual videoclips and here's my question. I want to assign button 9 to take me back to the main menu, like on the other 2 submenus. However this doesn't work, because nothing happends when I press button 9 in submenu 3. I have only tested this on my computer, but I'm assuming it wont work on my standalone DVD either.

It apperas that I can't have buttons with no assignments in VCDEasy. If I assign button 1 to 5 and leave button 6 - 8 blank and assign button 9 to the main menu, then button 9 won't work. But if I assign button 6 so that buttons 1 - 6 have assignments, then everything works perfectly.

Is this a problem with VCDEasy itself or has it something to do with the VCD standard? It's not really a big problem for me but I'm just curious why I can't have buttons with no assignments.

// Znooky
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can have buttons with no assignments. Put 99 buttons on the screen, assign 1 through 10, then try to assign 99. It will turn into #11, leaving the other 88 unassgned.
    Where you put it on the screen is up to you.
    I know that doesn't help
    What I do is put the requred number of buttons, then make (in your case) 6, 7, and 8 invisible, or 1 pixel if necessary.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi reboot and thank you for your fast respond!

I know that I can assign button 1 to 10 and leave the other 88 buttons with no assignment. However if I assign button 1 to 5 and leave button 6 to 8 with no assignment, then it will not work when I assign button 9. It looks like I can't have gaps with no assigment of buttons (e.g. 1 - 5, 9 and so on) in VCDEasy.

I just wondering if this has something to do with the VCD standard or if it's just a VCDEasy problem?

// Znooky
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm really not sure, but I do know that every authoring app I have used, will assign the next logical number to the next active object, no matter how many blanks are inbetween.
    Like I said, to get around this, I assign numbers to all the buttons, then make the one's I don't want invisible, with a link to the menu that's being viewed. If someone accidently pushes an 8 for example, and 8 is not a valid button number for a chapter, it simply redisplays the menu you're looking at now.
    I'm not sure how you would do that in VCDEasy though, I haven't worked with it enough.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanx, I did't think of that I could just assigning unwanted buttons to the menu itself. It's a far better solution than assigning it to a videoclip, like I did.

Thank you reboot for taking time to respond my question.

// Znooky
    Quote Quote