+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. First of all here is my system.

Athlon 1.4
    256 mb ram
    40 gig 7200rpm ata100
    Gainward Geforce2 TI VIVO
    WinTV GO

I Capture in 352x240. I can't capture in higher resolutions like 640x480. I get a cant capture error try preview mode in Vdub. But preview mode look like crap so I stick with the 352x240. The capture turns out pretty good but when I convert to a VCD I get jagged edges evrywhere. I convert to mpeg1 (my dvd player can ony play VCD's no SVCD's) at 3500 variable bitrate. Is there a way to get rid of these jagged edges. I want the video to look nice and smooth. At least as good as VHS.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Defrag your hardisk, cap at 352x480 in vdub (using huffyuv or MJPEG at quality setting of 20) with preview turned off (make sure to set up multisegment and all that). When done apply smart de-interlace (available from the Virtualdub homepage) and BILINEAR resize to 352x240. In TMPGEnc choose CG/Animation as the quantize matrix and set up the rest as normal. That should work out well, though anime will always be tricky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shabubu on 2001-11-08 16:51:16 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can you please give me a link to this smart de-interlace I cant seem to find it. And I dont know about the BILINEAR resize to 352x240. Can you please explain alittle more? I apologize if these are newbie questions but i appreciate all the help.
    Quote Quote