VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some DVD's that I have burned from my home DV movies. If I send these to friends in Europe, will they play on their table top players?? I have heard Yes and No. Some say they need to be in PAL format, and some say that the DVD players can both play NTSC and PAL. Does anyone have the correct final answer??
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Three questions:

1) Does your display unit handle NTSC-60?

2) Does your DVD player output an NTSC-60 video signal?

3) Is your DVD player somehow modified so that it can defeat Region Protection, including Region Coding Enhancement?

If the answer to all these questions is Yes, then you can play NTSC and Region 1 DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I wouldnt worry too much, especially not about region code, i guess you are not going to make it region 1 only . I wuold be more worried about the DVD players ability to play the homemade DVDRs, that can sometimes be a bigger problem than Euro TVs not supporting NTSC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I wouldn't worry too much about either.
    I grew up in America....now live in Europe.
    Most DVD Players here can handle NTSC discs with relative ease....especially region free ones that computers and DVD Recorders "in most cases" create.
    There are WAY too many variables involved in your original question for anyone to give a simple yes or no answer.
    Just send them.
    The reverse scenario is NOT as easy however..
    Quote Quote