VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey TheMatrixx,

I tried everything again, right from thr begining, no changes, multiplexing with ReJig and IfoEdit....always the same result...perfect DVD with new subs on computer / almost unreadable (vibrations and unfocused characters) original subs on Stand Alone DVD.
    I will try another movie, but it's kind of strange that you have succesfuly done 15 or so movies and here we all have problems.....are you sure that everything is reflected on the guide?

Thx
    Is it just my case ... or all wifes hate computers?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by TheMatrixx
    Well, I'm back !

----------------------
    For jrosado : NO If you do that you will have no info in the IFO files about the Menus of the DVD and other extras. In the IFO files from FINAL DVD folder you have info only about the movie that you multiplexed at STEP 4.
    Hi:

I may be wrong, but i think the VTS_01_0.IFO has info on the movie itself and not the menus. It's also this ifo file that has info aboute the subtitles of the movie. The VIDEO_TS.IFO it's the one that has info on the menus. If we have a movie without subtitles and if we replace the new VTS_01_0.IFO with the old one, there will be no info on the subtiltes and it will not work!

I'm adding subtitles to a movie now (that has no subtitles at all). I will try the way i'm thinking and the will post back to say if it worked.

Regards,

J. Rosado
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jrosado
    Originally Posted by TheMatrixx
    Well, I'm back !

----------------------
    For jrosado : NO If you do that you will have no info in the IFO files about the Menus of the DVD and other extras. In the IFO files from FINAL DVD folder you have info only about the movie that you multiplexed at STEP 4.
    Hi:

I may be wrong, but i think the VTS_01_0.IFO has info on the movie itself and not the menus. It's also this ifo file that has info aboute the subtitles of the movie. The VIDEO_TS.IFO it's the one that has info on the menus. If we have a movie without subtitles and if we replace the new VTS_01_0.IFO with the old one, there will be no info on the subtiltes and it will not work!

I'm adding subtitles to a movie now (that has no subtitles at all). I will try the way i'm thinking and the will post back to say if it worked.

Regards,

J. Rosado
    Hey,
    could you please test it in a stand alone DVD and let us know if it did work?
    Thx
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi:

Well, i tryed, bt Power DVD did not like it. But i use the original ifo file, my dvd player will not see the subtitles . I guess i'm going to choose to loose the menus.

I'm also having another problem i did not had the first time: My subtitles are out of sync by aproximate 1 second. I allready tryed to correct the .srt file and the sup, but it's the same. They keep appearing out of sync by about 1 sec. Any ideas why?

Regards,

J. Rosado
    Quote Quote  
  5. damn this is not working.

Tried to upload the screendumps of my Original and Final folders.

Will try another time
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi LioCraft, this are the DVD's that I made till now.

Kiss of the Dragon - NTSC (source DVD not original)
    Hollow Man - PAL (source DVD original)
    The One - PAL (source DVD original)
    Charlie's Angels - PAL (source DVD original)
    The Saint - PAL (this is the only one where the movie gets cut at 58 minutes, because it uses 2 VOBids, so I burned the content of the Original DVD folder, after I did a Get VTS sectors to the IFO files. I've stoped at step 5 section c) - (source DVD original)
    The Mummy Returns - PAL (source DVD original)
    Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World - PAL (source DVD original)
    Thir13en Ghosts - PAL (source DVD original)
    Tomb Raider - NTSC (source DVD not original)
    Resident Evil - NTSC (I cut the menus, this one didn't work at all with the menus, the source DVD was not original !)
    Mission Impossible 2 - PAL (source DVD not original)
    Con Air - NTSC (source DVD not original)
    Blade 2 - NTSC (source DVD not original)
    Star Wars Episode 2 - NTSC (source DVD not original)
    The Mummy - NTSC (source DVD was not original and it didn't have any menus at all !)

I think they are all. I will look again on the Guide and if I found something wrong I will post here.

And as you see, I didn't have sync problems (because I know how to sync them), or no subtitle on the movie problems.

P.S. : and I also put subtitle to 3 DVD's made from AVI, created with TMPGEnc DVD Author.
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  7. I made some corections to the guide. I hope you will all get better results.

1. Warning at the begining of the guide.
    2. Warning at STEP 3 after section a)
    3. Warning at STEP 4 after section a)
    4. Warning at the end of STEP 4.
    5. Replaced section a) of STEP 5.
    6. Warning at STEP 5 after section b)
    7. Warning at the end of the guide.
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi:

well i done it, but since the original movie did not had any subtitles, i had to use the IFO files from the Final dvd and to stay only with the movie (no menus). But anyway, since we got the original and the idea is to see the movie with subtitles, what's the point in having menus?

Regards,
    J. Rosado
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm still busy trying to put Dutch subtitles on Kill Bill.
    I thought the out-of-sync-problem was due to using IfoEdit to author while it was a NTSC-DVD, but ReJig quits all the time!
    It says it's multiplexing, but when the progress-bar is full it starts over again with the next process, but then it quits and I end up with a VOB-file of 58kB.

After a lot of trying with ReJig I tried IfoEdit again and I noticed that, after the reauthoring process, the VTS_01_0.ifo is different. It says I have 16 programs in PGC1 and 16 chapters. But in the original file it says I have 21 programs and 20 chapters.
    The times for the cells differ too.

Why is this different?
    And how can I correct this?
    Does this have anything to do with using IfoEdit for a NTSC-movie?
    Quote Quote  
  10. maikel please upload here in a zip file the IFO's of the movie. Or send them in my PM. I will look at them and I will tell you if you can make this DVD with subtitle or not.
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  11. I had posted before about problems I was having w/ the guide. I broke it down to vobedit. When I demux a vob (source from my hd) it demux's the beginning & the ending (all into 1 file in proper order) but doesn't do the middle so my 2hr movie creates a 1hr file. Anybody know why?
    Oh I've tried this on 2 seperate dvd's & I'm runnign the running config
    athlon 1500XP
    256MB
    Win2kProw/ServicPack4
    VobEdit V0.6

Thanx
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi,
    I notice that is better to demux the VTS_01_1.VOB than VTS_01_0.VOB.
    If you demux Bruce Almighty VTS_01_0.VOB you get the DTS but when you author again you dont get it.

TheMatrixx: I still have problems with compatibility. In some players you can see the subs and in some other you cant and sometimes the subs disapear and you have to put them again.

The original movie Torque dont have VIDEO_TS files. When you do the step 5 you get VIDEO_TS files but you cant play the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by maikel
    I'm still busy trying to put Dutch subtitles on Kill Bill.
    I thought the out-of-sync-problem was due to using IfoEdit to author while it was a NTSC-DVD, but ReJig quits all the time!
    It says it's multiplexing, but when the progress-bar is full it starts over again with the next process, but then it quits and I end up with a VOB-file of 58kB.

After a lot of trying with ReJig I tried IfoEdit again and I noticed that, after the reauthoring process, the VTS_01_0.ifo is different. It says I have 16 programs in PGC1 and 16 chapters. But in the original file it says I have 21 programs and 20 chapters.
    The times for the cells differ too.

Why is this different?
    And how can I correct this?
    Does this have anything to do with using IfoEdit for a NTSC-movie?
    Hiya Maikel,

I'm having ex-act-ly the same difficulties, I've got a set of vob files with originally 30 cells and 21 chapters, when i make a CellTimes.txt list in ifoedit it lists ALL the 30 cells in the CellTimes.txt, not just the ones where a new chapter starts. Then after authoring with ifoedit it used only the first 20 as chapterpoints instead of all thirty, and besides that the times differ too. And you're right, when i try to make a celltimes.txt file manually with all the right framenumbers, it only uses 16 of 'em. And rejig always quits on me too.

So there are a couple of things pretty fooked up here.

1. Rejig just quits after a while when authoring.
    2. Ifoedit doesn't use the given celltimes in celltimes.txt
    3. Ifoedit doesn't use the exact amount of celltimes in celltimes.txt (when given thirty it uses only 20 as chapterpoints, when given 21 it uses 16 as chapterpoints)

Any ideas on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi, Wookie3K
    Try demux VTS_01_1.VOB instead VTS_01_0.VOB and tell me if you see any different.
    Quote Quote  
  15. If you have the main movie at VTS_01_1.VOB. Please see the new WARNING at STEP 3 after section a)

------------------
    WARNING ! - If the orginal movie that is in the "Original DVD" folder starts from another *.VOB file than VTS_01_1.VOB (exemple : VTS_02_1.VOB or VTS_03_1.VOB), than you will have to open in VobEdit VTS_02_0.VOB file or VTS_03_0.VOB file. If you don't know in what *.VOB files the movie is, open each file with a DVD PC Player starting from VTS_01_1.VOB and see where is the movie.
    ------------------
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hi TheMatrixx
    I mean if the movie start from VTS_01_1.VOB then choose this file for demux and not the VTS_01_0.VOB.
    I try this in Bruce Almighty and if you choose VTS_01_0.VOB you get 3 VOB files instead 4 which the original movie is.
    When you choose VTS_01_1.VOB you get the same VOBs and size like the original.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TheMatrixx,

Thx for those new comments. I think I've found my problem. The movie is Paycheck and it has 22 Programs and 38 Cells. According to you, it won't work at all.
    Could you please explaine to me why?, what does this mean?, is there any other way to do this?

Thx.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by panoplos
    Hi, Wookie3K
    Try demux VTS_01_1.VOB instead VTS_01_0.VOB and tell me if you see any different.
    Hey panoplos, thx for the reply.

Well... The movie starts in VTS_01_1.VOB because VTS_01_0.VOB only contains the streams for the animated menus and stuff, so with vobedit I alwas just demuxed VTS_01_1.VOB (and ascending of course). As far as I know, demuxing a VTS_XX_0.VOB doesn't really make any sense, because the "zero VOB" pretty much always just contains menu information, so i never did that in the first place.
    Another thing I noticed when i had my demuxed m2v file, is that I could open it in Virtualdubmod, but Mpeg2vcr just displayed blackness. This never happened to me before, so maybe any of you guys find this information usefull for helping me solve my problem.

The only thing that's keeping me from finishing my dvd with a new sub, is my lack of a proper program to mux my .m2v, .ac3 and 3 .sup files that also allowes the input of chapter points and is not IfoEdit or Rejig ;p

Any ideas are welcome, thx.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another Question,
    What does it mean if the original sub has 2 IDs?
    My Movie has:
    Subpicture 1: English (ID: 0x20, 0x21) Normal Caption
    Subpicture 2: French (ID: 0x22, 0x23) Forced Caption

Sub Rip says "CLOSE CAPTION detected"

When I demux the movie, I got 2 .sup files, VTS_02_0.20.sup and VTS_02_0.21.sup. I supposed that they where English and French, but both of them are exactly the same ... ENGLISH. I was replacing just VTS_02_0.20.sup with my new subs. May be replacing both files with the new one will work.

What do U think?, Was this the root of my problem?.
    Quote Quote  
  20. A little update on my progress (yeah... let's just call it that) It seems the .m2v I keep demuxing from those vobs is just really fooked up, Almost every program crashes when I try to open it. TMPEGEncoder can't even reencode it whole, just the first couple of minutes. How come this .m2v file is so butchered after i demuxed it from my vobs? I tried several methods of demuxing:

- used vobedit.
    - used smartripper with stream processing.
    - used dvd decrypter with stream processing.
    - first reencoded with dvdshrink, then ripped and demuxed everything.

Nothing seems to work. How come the original dvd works okay when it contains such a crappy mpeg2 stream? Weird isn't it?

Might this be the reason ifoedit and Rejig fook up the author process and chapter points?

Hope this clears some things up!!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What if I translate the original subs, in order to have the exact same number of lines?...what do u think?...would this be a feasible way to make it fool de DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hi all, first i want to make a thing clear...Wookie3K the 0 *.VOB file of the movie ...YES it's a menu file...but also is the index of the rest of the *.VOB files. You said "so i never did that in the first place" ....well if you demuxed the VTS_XX_0.VOB file, when the demux process starts you can see that it stars with VTS_XX_1.VOB and so on till the end of the movie. It skips the 0 file. But you have to open the VTS_XX_0.VOB to have a good *.m2v file at the end, and the other files as well (ac3, dts, sup).

I understand your problem Wookie3K with the *.m2v file, if you did what i just said...and still have problems mabey the DVD it's some kind...locked...I don't really know...try to other OS the process. BTW...if the makers of the DVD's from Sony or other company will see this guides...they will make the IFOs and VOBs that way to not open them with IfoEdit or any other software. DAMN ! scary thing

LioCraft, first question...how many chapters you have on the DVD ? is it 22, 23 or 38 ? And I don't think it's 38. Anyway....to explain why it will not work, if the original movie has 22 chapters let's say, and you multiplex it with 38 chapters...and the original IFO's know that the movie is 22 chapters but you multiplex it with 38....what is the result ? Failure

Some DVD's are made that way not to re-authored them Not with the programs that we have now

Second question about the 2 IDs of the sub files or audio files...I think that it's not normal and the result will have errors, mabey it's another trick from the makers of the DVDs to not re-authored them In my DVDs I didn't have that, I will do some tests and I let you know if it's posible or not.

And finaly with the subtitle, I said it ones...I will say it again : The best way to see if your subtitles are sync or not is to rip one of the original subtitles (exemple: english) from the DVD and compare it with the one you want to put, look at the time codes at the middle, end and begining of the subtitle. Most of them are not like the original ones from the DVD. And you will have to copy the text from the subtitle you want to put and paste it over the rip ones, line by line I know it's hard and it takes like 3 hours per subtitle but in many cases this is the only way. I did it for 4-5 of my DVDs.
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  23. This is regarding the last WARNING of the guide (at the end), for those of you who gets a cut movie at the end of the guide. Look first at the IFO file of the movie and see if it looks like this

where I put the arrow (from the second arrow it will not continue) the movie it breaks (it's a Layer Brake) so it will continue to ID 2 (you can see that I underlined the 2 IDs). So after VobExtras will not have the second ID (even if you Strip the IDs). So to make it work read the WARNING from the end of the guide.
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TheMatrix,

It has 22 Chapters, 22 Programs and 38 Cells.

And My subs are synced, I did what you said.

About 2 IDs, it says wide for 00 and letterbox for 01.
    Quote Quote  
  25. No no...put the original DVD in Standalone and see how many chapters has. Then post here and I will tell you what's wrong and how can you corect this.
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It has 22 chapters.

My situation id very similar to what you show in you last screenshot. Originaly there are 22 CH and 38 Cells, which ends up after reauthor in 38 and 38.
    Quote Quote  
  27. alright, I had posted before & now I'm really stuck. Whenever I go to demux the dvd files which have been copied to my hd, vobedit edit says it's demuxing all the vob files but the final .m2v is only like half the movie, it's the beginning & the ending, but no middle. I've tried this on 2 seperate dvd's & am quite lost now.

Current system config
    ATHLON XP1600
    256DDR
    Win2kw/ServicePack4
    VobEdit V0.6
    WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP!!!

Thanx
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hi TheMatrixx and hi to all the users!

Listen, I was trying to make my DVD with my own subtitles language, and all the tume I was failed. When I thoght I made it, It's not work on my DVD Player (Pioneer) and I have a lot of problems.

I bought Adobe Encore DVD 2 days ago, and I make my own DVD with my subtitle without one problem! Everything work great and I saw the whole movie in my stand alone DVD player!
    The one bad thing is that you have to make the menu and you can't use the original, but who cares?! the result was DVD with my subtitles and selectable audio/subs menu!!

B.RGRDS.
    BiGOFiR

P.S: The software cost a lot of money but it really make the job.
    So, if you want to stay with the 20 free softwares stay with them!
    I now will burn a lot of movies because is very EASY !!!
    Thank you TheMatrixx for your great guide but I am using now the Adobe.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by meping
    alright, I had posted before & now I'm really stuck. Whenever I go to demux the dvd files which have been copied to my hd, vobedit edit says it's demuxing all the vob files but the final .m2v is only like half the movie, it's the beginning & the ending, but no middle. I've tried this on 2 seperate dvd's & am quite lost now.

Current system config
    ATHLON XP1600
    256DDR
    Win2kw/ServicePack4
    VobEdit V0.6
    WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP!!!

Thanx
    Hey meping,

Try opening your m2v file with virtualdubmod, I kinda had the same problem. I had a .m2v file that was fooked up, but when i opened it with virtualdubmod I could suddenly see the whole file again. Doesn't really solve your problem but at least you can figure out if the .m2v file actually IS missing parts or if its some kind of safety thingy built into the .m2v file. Another idea perhaps, is to rip the vob files to your HD, check all the vobfiles (with powerdvd or something) to see if the beginnings and ends of every vob file match (i.e. no scenes that are suddenly cut off), then put them in the right order and use join clips in vobedit. Then try demuxing your new vobfiles.

Just an idea, but it once worked for me.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK,
    I finally did it....almost, because colors are all screw up....but in spanish.
    It was the 2 IDs thing. As I understand, in 1 subpicture this movie has 2 different subs, wide and letterbox....which are the same, but are 2 .sup files. I replace both files with the same .sup generated by srt2sup (then the rest of the guide) and it worked.
    Now, the problem is color. The original IFO has blue, red, black and white in the first 4 colors...I copy the complete 16 colors from the original IFO, and in the compured, it looked OK...but in the Stand alone DVD...it all red and blue...

TheMatrix, do U always use black, black, white and Black?
    thx,
    Quote Quote