VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22
FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
Thread
  1. Hey, TheMatrixx,

I have a question. Before I use your guide, do I need to already have a movie or show burnt onto a blank dvd or no because I am trying to have the Stephen King's IT image put onto my blank dvd r disk but it won't let me because i get the message saying the disk is empty. That is why I ask
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    is there any guide to how to use rejig?
    Quote Quote  
  3. On the bottom of the Rejig page are a number of guides for its use.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i've seen them but when i click on them i recieve this "Missing page (404 Error)"
    actually i wanna add more subtitles to my dvd and when i use ifoupdater it chapterizes my movie and desynchronizes the voice and video
    Quote Quote  
  5. Then what do you need Rejig for? This guide is eight and a half years old and obsolete. If you want to add subs to a DVD, then follow Method 2 of Baldrick's guide here:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic338721.html

which is also missing in action. Baldrick, what happened to the guides?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    recieved the same error message on your link
    what happened to guides?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hehe, I don't know. In what format are your subs? For the guide you have to have them either in SST or SUP format. I can walk you through it if need be, but you have to make them in one of those 2 formats. If you have VobSubs (IDX/SUB) you can instantly convert them to SUP in SubtitleCreator.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    u mean to use rejig i need to convert them to sst or sup?cause in ifoupdater i could use srt format as well,beside that i have a problem with ifoupdater which chapterizes the movie and desynchronizes voice and video
    also i tried to convert my srt subtitles to sup using subtitle creator but program sends an error when i open srt format subtitles
    in addition i used dvd lab pro to add subtitles to my movie and i did it but when updated the ifo file no subtitle were added to movie i mean when i right clicked on my player screen,subtitle option was read only and it means there is no subtitle
    so there is 3 questions
    how to use rejig to update ifo files?
    how convert srt subtitles to sup or sst format?
    and how to add subtitle to movie?(or i did something wrong!but i just followed the instruction
    Quote Quote  
  9. No, that guide is very old. You don't need either Rejig or IFOUpdate.
    ...but program sends an error when i open srt format subtitles
    If you can't even open the SRT, then that usually means something is wrong with them.

1. I have never used Rejig in my life and add subtitles to movies all the time.
    2. I don't work with SRT, but with SSA and convert them to SST using MaestroSBT. However, Baldrick's missing guide uses SubtitleCreator to convert SRT to SUP. If you can't open the SRT, then you can't use it to convert to SUP.
    3. The guide (and I) use Muxman to add SUP or SST subs to a movie when remuxing video, audio, and chapters. Without SST or SUP, you can't use it. But it's the standard way of adding subs to a movie these days.

Another way is to demux (PGCDemux) and author with something else, something like GUI4DVDAuthor, which accepts SRT as input (unless there's something wrong with them). But that means learning a whole new piece of software and you may not be willing to do that.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hmmm...
    so can u guide me through muxman?i will find something to convert srt files to sst or sup(if its possible!!!)
    Quote Quote  
  11. Demux the video, audio, celltimes (chapters), and subs (if any) using PGCDemux. Open Muxman. Add the Celltimes.txt in File->Add Chapters (something like that, not at my computer with Muxman), add the M2V in the video part, add the audio, add the subs. If it's a 16:9 video, you have to add them twice, once for 4:3 TVs and again for 16:9 TVs. Give it a destination and hit 'Start'.
    Quote Quote  
  12. can any please put video explain how add subtitle with menu full dvd
    because I do every thing and lose my empty dvd to this job and I am not happy with end
    if any one can put video step by step ?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by MASTERDVD28 View Post
    can any please put video explain how add subtitle with menu full dvd ...
    No. And this guide is old and out of date. Use Baldrick's guide here:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277950-How-to-add-new-subtitles-to-an-existing-DVD

Use his Method 2. It's easy to follow and has lots of pictures (but no video).
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hello all, I'm sorry if this is a very stupid question but can I follow this guide with the software suggested on windows?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Sorry, I'm reading Baldrick's new guide. Thanks Manono.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Does this tutorial also works with a DVD, which hasn't its own subtitles? If it's possible, how can I make my first one?
    Quote Quote  
  17. hello when i mix in iso mode the scene mode dont click when i want that scene specific i made one by one the guide here what's wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by Ryugen View Post
    hello when i mix in iso mode the scene mode dont click when i want that scene specific i made one by one the guide here what's wrong?
    Sorry, but your question makes no sense in English. Maybe find someone that speaks better English to write for you. Also, don't use ISOs to add subs to a DVD. Extract the DVD from the ISO. And don't use this guide as it's old and out of date. Use Baldrick's guide here:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277950-How-to-add-new-subtitles-to-an-existing-DVD

Use his Method 2. It's easy to follow and has lots of pictures.
    Quote Quote  
  19. hello why my dvd-lab pro the subs are not sync? they apears delayed
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello! I have always used this tutorial for years to put the subtitles on dvd's. But now when I do all the procedures and I have the final DVD ready to burn, it appears an error message about "Video files reallocation failed error" and the result is that the subtitles appear in a weird purple color. I don't know if the error is at the DVD decrypter or the DVD Lab pro. What can I do to make the subtitles appear at the normal color? (White or yellow) Thanks for attention!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by lulsiano View Post
    What can I do to make the subtitles appear at the normal color? (White or yellow)
    Fix them using either DVDSubEdit or PGCEdit. I use PGCEdit.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by lulsiano View Post
    What can I do to make the subtitles appear at the normal color? (White or yellow)
    Fix them using either DVDSubEdit or PGCEdit. I use PGCEdit.
    Hey! Thanks a lot! I've used the DVD Sube Edit cause i found it more simple. It worked fine Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    While I found this method interesting and appreciate it, I found it too difficult/complex when adding new subtitles to a movie (in my case Dune2000-which has 3 separate "episodes") which had none. This includes the Video Help forum post " How to add new subtitles to an existing DVD". Instead of these methods I did this:

1. I downloaded the SRT subtitle files (3) for this movie from the Subscene web site. Available in many languages.

2. I ripped the two Dune 2000 DVD disks (one of which was double layer) though DVD Decrypter (free) to my hard drive using default settings.

3. Merged the multiple VOB files for each of the 3 episodes (thus making 3 single layer disks instead of the two originals) through VOBmerge252 (free) into one VOB file for each episode (you can also mix MPEG and VOB files in this software). I used VLC (free) to view these VOB files etc.

4. I then ran each of the these 3 episode VOB files through Winx DVD Author (free), simply added the subtitle file for each episode and then burned to DVD (it creates its own IFO etc. files for you).

5. Voila, Dune 2000 now has English subtitles!

This method can be done for any DVD movie that lacks subtitles. For those movies (like "They All Laughed" that has only foreign subtitles for a English speaker (me), you first use DVDShrink to remove those unwanted subtitles, rip to disk and then repeat the above instructions.

The only flaw in this easier and less time consuming method is that it essentially removes the original DVD menu's, but that was not a concern to me.
    Last edited by siffert; 22nd Jul 2017 at 11:27.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    siffert, please do not double post. I've deleted the other topic. If you want to move a topic to another forum, PM a Mod.
    Please read our rules before posting.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote