Page 14 of 22
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A litle + for this great guide.

''MenuEdit''

http://www.dimadsoft.com/menuedit/index.php

I found the last addOn and now, we will be able to add a selectable button on the DVD menu for the eventual new sub-titles ! This solution is meaby not free .. but it gives great possibility :

. Remove unwanted buttons from either still or motion menus;
    . Remove intro/logo/warning screens;
    . Delete not used cells/vobs;
    . Preview everything on your DVD;
    . Automatic relinking of the buttons left in the menu so that it's still possible to access buttons with navigation keys of the remote control;

. Automatic adjustment to the buttons for all auto display modes;
    . Edit all button's attributes and commands;
    . Add buttons to menu;
    . Edit menu color table;
    . Move buttons between menus - export/import menu buttons;
    . Save selected video frames into file;
    . Change cell/vob id.

You can find the DVDmenu demo on the dimadsoft website however, it will not really useful cuz its realy not a freeware.

I come back with a guide for this program

Wait and see

[/quote]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Brilliant tutorial, worked like a charm after I figured out MY wrong doing. So just for the record I'm putting it down here.

Everything worked fine with me up until the last step when IFO Update gave me this error... "Run-time error '75' Path File access error". This error was due to my original dvd being in a partially hidden or readonly directory. So make sure if you get that error you right click the folder, properties and remove any and all hidden/read only attributes from the main folder and it's subfolders. otherwise IFO Update will not work. Took me all day to figure that out.[/b]
    Quote Quote  
  3. Scratch that, didn't work like a charm... when I got to my standalone player and pressed "Top menu" it'd take me to some animation then hang. On another player it took me to this animation then skipped it and played it like it should have. As for the subs they would work for about 5-10 minutes then disappear, you'd have to rewind fast forward or select diffferent subs then select back. A pain in the ass really. :\
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I followed the guide, did that thing in dvd decrypter and i ended up with four 1 gig files in the format .m2v and i could only add the first one i DVD Lab PRO what should i do?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I was so close to finally adding subtitles to a DVD. I used another tutorial to start it out and then finished off with this tutorial and tryed out my DVD. The movie worked but no subtitles. I burned all the contents in the Original DVD folder (VIDEO_TS, VIDEO_TS.BUP, VTS_01_0, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_1, VTS_01_2, VTS_01_3, VTS_01_4, and VTS_01_5). The movie burned without any subtitles I even played it on my computer and it still didn't have any subtitles. Any idea where I went wrong? I used this tutorial all the way up to step 3 and stopped because the multiplexing part wasn't working for me. (http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=135193). Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Dunno AgentDark... do you have the latest version of DVD Lab Pro?

Razz: Make sure under settings/ifo mode you have under "file splitting" marked "none" I think the default may be 1gb.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi... first of all, I've to thank you, this guide is awesome and it really works (for me )

But now, I'm trying to add a spanish subtitle to Kung Fu Hustle R1, but I've a small problem. When insert the video to DVD-lab it says something about the GOP, and when I check the length of the main language (Cantonese) is something like 23 HOURS!!! . So, I follow all the steps and compile the DVD. But when I play this "Final DVD" the speed of the video is like 8 times faster when the audio 1 (Cantonese) is selected, if I select another audio (2 or 3) the video slow down to normal but the audio (2 or 3) is a little bit faster than the video, in the other hand the subtitles are OK :P

I thought that the problem was DVD-lab and that GOP thing, so I try using IfoEdit and ReJig. With IfoEdit the video was ok, not Cantonese language and very bad subtitles. With ReJig, all went wrong

Do you know if there's a way to fix this using DVD-lab???

and another question, I have DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0, and when I go to Settings -> IFO Mode, there's another option that doesn't appears in yours pictures, it says "Uncheck Suspect cells" by default comes checked, What does mean by that? Do I leave it check or uncheck?

PS: I'm sorry if somebody already ask the same thing, but come on... 14 pages, that's a lot

PS 2: Sorry for my english, I don't know if I wrote the post ok, but I'm doing my best

PS 3: I made some changes to the post, so please read it again
    Quote Quote  
  8. How can you do this?, I've tried step by step this guide and it doesn't work for me...

EDIT:

Quote from my last post:

I'm stuck in the part where I'm supposed to import the subtitles in dvd-lab pro, the program says "unsupported file type", what can it be?
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi! first i'd like to say that this is a great guide for a newbie like me. very clear, very simple. everything went smoothly. thank you very much!
    I'd just like to know: is there a way to see the whole thing work on my PC? i mean i can play the VOB files with PowerDVD but that's without the subtitles. i want to see the actual DVD, the way it plays from an iso/img file, to see if it's ok.
    how do i do this?
    any help would be appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  10. tonemgub, you are so close to finding your solution.

To play the whole DVD from the VIDEO_TS folder in PowerDVD (or any other DVD-playing software), instead of opening the individual VOBs, open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file with the player.

If you do not have the ability to right-click on that file and select that option, you can simply drag and drop it onto PowerDVD.

If you are going to be doing this regularly, you might want to create a right-click shortcut. To do this right-click and select Open With. Select the Choose Program... option then Select Program from list and browse to PowerDVD and select it (make sure that Always use this Program is not checked).

[THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR WinXP. It is possible in other flavors of Windows but using a different method]
    Once you have made this link the next time will be much simpler and you won't even have to open PowerDVD first.

I hope this helps!
    Quote Quote  
  11. how would i go about creating a dvd with episodes or many video files and add subs to each one of them using dvdlab pro?

well, i tried and failed, i chose simple movie and added one video on movie 1 and then i added another video on movie 2, i then added subs on them both, then i proceeded to compile dvd and when it was done, i only got movie 1 correctly done and there was no movie 2, sad to add that movie 1 should only take half of a dvd disc, totaled 3.9gb.....?

any help is appreciated, thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. i got it to work, nevermind me, thanks for this guide!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  13. icon0clast, when you are creating your DVD you should create an image which can then be mounted in your PC into a virtual device (using something like Virtual Daemon). That way you can test the features of your new DVD without wasing a disc.
    Quote Quote  
  14. to TheMatrixx:

Your guide is exellent!!
    but a small thing: at the end (step 3: a) you DON'T HAVE to copy all the files again, specially if you don't have enought HD space. You ONLY need the VTS_01_0.IFO file!!

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi guys, I'm back

My website dosen't exist anymore, so I will stick here for some time

For Lnwlfoeo - After you add the m2v file to DVD-lab PRO, go to Tools menu and click on Rewrite GOP Timecode

That should help you.

For MeDiCo_BrUjO: You are trying to add an SUB file (MicroDVD format) to DVD-lab PRO and it can't support that format. DVD-lab PRO uses another SUB format (yes there are more than one ) that I don't know yet. So try to convert the SUB files to SRT with Subtitle Workshop.
    P.S.: DO NOT USE THE SUB FILES DEMUXED FROM DVD Decrypter...You should NOT demuxe them in the first place.

For shai_allon, I know that...but for some users was hard to explain...that they have to copy from the Original disc only some files..so better I thinked that they should copy all the files....so no one should ask...What files should I copy ? (couse every DVD it's has he's own structure)
    -----------------------------

I will try to answer to other latest posts, some are very old I see...if you guys didn't solve the problems ...ask again and I will help you.

Have fun.
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm having some issues with this process. I go through the entire thing and it appears to work as it should. However when I try to play the dvd, it goes through the intro stuff (copyright warning, etc.) but then hangs before it gets to the dvd menu. On the computer the disc just stops and on the dvd player it hangs for a few seconds before finally returning a "parental access violation" or something which I'm sure is just the dvd player getting confused. Hitting the menu key yields the same results. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello great job @TheMatrixx with this guide,but i have problem after the process in Step 3 f,files created after this process
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    each them have 1Gb

and file VTS_01_4.VOB have 80 mb but file VTS_01_4.VOB from original DVD
    have 320 MB!

Is this correct,i sit over this projeckt I mean add polish sub to SW Episode3 about 4 days and i have no idea why this dvd is so stupid!

Please help me with this problem,sorry for my english!

Greetings from Poland
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'm a little confused by something:

If you want your DVD (when finished) to have BOTH the new subtitles
    you just added AND the subtitles that were on the disk originally,

then why don't we add the demuxed subtitles from the Original DVD (file, or files, named "___.sub") to the DVD-lab project in
    Step 2c?

(In other words:
    2b. - Import video file to DVD-lab pro
    - import audio files to DVD-lab pro
    - import original Subtitle file to DVD-lab pro
    2c. - Add all files to DVD-lab pro project. (Subtitle 1)
    2d. - import chapters.
    2e. - import new Subtitle file to DVD-lab pro. (Subtitle 2)
    )?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've used your guide and it's great. thanks.
    but... I have a problem
    I've got a disk with 5 vts_01 vob files (0-4) that are around 3.5gb.
    when I try to demux the disk, I get pgc 1 [1;25;00] pgc2 [0;01;40] pgc 3 [00;20;25] and pgc4 [00;00;53].
    I demuxed the first pgc and I get around 2.5gb in my demuxed dvd folder. when I finally finish everything and I am ready to copy ther new vob files there are only 4 (4 is missing and 3 is half the size. This creates a problem as the IFO file is then wrong.
    If I try to set pgc 1 to demux and then set pgc3 to demux, pgc1 restets back to stream processing.

Any help?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorted it. thanks
    Quote Quote  
  21. TheMatrixx, thank you by your guide. But i have a problem.

I'm trying put portuguese subtitles at American Pie 4 DVD, i follow the guide all, and the ifoupdate correct vts sectors, everthing right. But when i go to record to DVD-R with nero give a error of reallocation of ifo files ( the vobs dont belong at ifo files)

Any way to resolve this?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,I had a little problem at the end. After updating the IFO I open the dvd and the subs change of color and size, they looked awful since they are really big. I was wondering if there is a reasonfor this and a way to avoid it. I know the problem was caused during the upadat since I open the dvd after replacing and it was find

Please help me.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi to all.

Anyone add subtitles to the season 1 of "Lost"? I follow the guide of TV series, but unlucky

Help need.

tks
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi TheMatrixx thank you for the great job done up to now. I tryed to open your site but is not anymore, so in this case how can I find the guide you made? I'm looking to add subtitles to a DVD that has none at all. So I have to make the translation also. It's possible to do that with your guide? You see, I'm new to the world of subtitling.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI, Nice job, I tryed this tuto and it worked well. However I have a small but nasty problem ! In my black and white gangster film my subtitles are !! blue and outlined pink !!! WTF ? I did selected white subs in DVDLAB before the last step where we must insert sub in dvd.. ''Optional:

1. You can chose the font color (White or Yellow).
    2. You can chose the font face. (I suggest using a Arial font face).
    3. You can chose the font size. (I suggest using a 22 size font).
    4. You can chose the font style. (I suggest using Thick Outline style).

''

How can I fix that ? plz
    Quote Quote  
  26. hI Matrix I can't find your website
    is it off the air?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    can somebody pleasehelp me with TheMatrix's guide. I can't access his site and I don't now where to find it.

Many thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by remus
    Hi,
    can somebody pleasehelp me with TheMatrix's guide. I can't access his site and I don't now where to find it.

Many thanks in advance.
    does this help?
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=219535&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hi guys!

The guide is right here guys! Page 1 of this very long topic What are you looking for?

My website is gone as it expired and I don't have money to buy it again for another year.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by TheMatrixx
    P.S.: DO NOT USE THE SUB FILES DEMUXED FROM DVD Decrypter...You should NOT demuxe them in the first place.
    wait so in step 1, we only need to check "demux" for the audio and video files? the subtitles should be "direct stream copy"?

thank you. and happy holidays!
    Quote Quote