VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22
FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. It's a Multi-PGC disc, and for now there is nothing to do about it. When I will have more free time I will release the new Multi-PGC guide to the world!
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi,when i try to update the original ifo with ifoupdate,i receive an error telling me that the original ifo dont have sufficient pgc area.Why?Can i resolve with pgcedit or ifoedit?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi, I just told you

"It's a Multi-PGC disc, and for now there is nothing to do about it. When I will have more free time I will release the new Multi-PGC guide to the world!"
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  4. This is the best guide I found.. and it really work.
    I just have one problem on something..
    Since I want to create a new DVD and only ADD another Subtitle, I'd like to keep all the original ones.
    I choose to Demux the Original subtitles and then when I try to Import them on DVD-Lab, it doesn't work, it says it's a bad file or something.

- Another thing.. when you say "If you have an NTSC disc I suggest to check the "From DF source" option for perfect syncronization. (You can do some test yourself and see if you have perfect syncronization). "

My DVD-Lab doesn't have that "From DF Source" option, it has only 29fps or 30 fps and I'm having a lot of trouble to synchronize one subtitle for the movie "Princess Mononoke". It starts good but then after like 5 minutes it's all wrong and out of synch. The DVD-lab version is PRO 1.00.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well you NEVER demux the subtitles from the DVD...it will not do you any good....you don't need them...you need to EXTRACT them with SubRip (please see me Extracting Subtitles from a DVD Guide here -> http://www.dvdromania.org/content/category/1/70/56/ )

The second problem, the syncronization of the subtitle is a very very hard thing and also very hard to learn as a noobie and very hard to teach someone as a advanced user It depends on many aspects. If it was something like mathematics for exemple ...I would have a guide about that already ...but it's not

Get the latest patch for DVD-lab from MediaChance ( see here -> http://www.dvdromania.org/component/option,com_weblinks/catid,74/Itemid,44/ ) and you will have the option From DF source...witch is the same as 30 fps

Good luck!
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  6. First of all, thank you very much for such a prompt answer.
    I'm gonna check the DVD-lab upgrade but if you said it's the same thing as 30fps.. it won't make a difference.
    I already ripped the original subtitle from the DVD once, just to check the timing but I always get in trouble about the fps and on all my tests, none of the subtitles I tried worked. I tried with 23,25,29,30fps and some worked only at the start.
    You said (You can do some test yourself and see if you have perfect syncronization). "
    Can I check the subtitles on the preview window too for the synch? Because I can't see them and no sound either. I just see the movie.
    Thanks again for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  7. i manged to add a subtitle
    but when i canged the subtitle with subtitle button, i dont see the languge of the subtitle
    how can i chanfed it the i will see the languge of the subtitle when i changed subtitle with the button on the DVD PLAYER
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi MasterMZ.
    Did you change the name when you were importing the new subtitle to add?
    Check the screen...
    It will always show that name on the subtitles when you change it, and if you did only add one.. that's the only one you'll have to change.
    Just be sure that it will only appear when you change it directly with the remote control, or if you are on the computer with powerDVD for example, when you right click and go to the subtitle section you'll see it.
    But on the Original DVD Subtitle screen you will not be able to see any changes there because the screen will always be as the original, with the original subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I've tried the guide but after remuxing the subtitles are out of synch.

My original DVD contains subtitles in English, French, German.

I replace the german subtitle by another version of the french subtitles. No problems.

But after remuxing, all my subtitles become out of synch even the original ones.

I may understand that my custom subtitle can be out of synch but the original ones ?????

Is it possible to change the starting time with ifo edit ??? (I've tried to demux/remux 3 times and I've always the same problem)
    Quote Quote  
  10. I had a lot of troubles with subtitle synch. Even one subtitle that I ripped from the original DVD and then put it back together and it didn't synch at all. It's hard to believe that even the original subtilte.. if you put it again.. it doesn't synch. But that was only one DVD that I had that problem.
    You have to check the fps of the original ones, most NTSC are 29fps, check if the subtitles you are using are with the same fps.
    There's a good program that you can use for subtitles edition and you can also check with the movie file if they synch or not.. or change the fps whenever you want to. Try it... it's Subtitle Workshop.
    If that doesnt help.. then I dont know.. as I said.. the other DVD I was trying.. didn't work with any subtitle.. and I don't know what to do anymore either.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    Here is my problem:

I’ve downloaded the subtitle in “sub” format and converted them into “srt” using Subtitle Workshop. I’ve also ripped the english subtitle using SubRip and compared the timing between the two of them and it doesn’t match. I’ve adjusted the time using Subtitle Workshop (I read your tip) to match the english one. After that I’ve inserted them into DVD-lab PRO and… the timing was different than the original one! Why did it change? Also, even though the special characters are shown correctly in Subtitle Workshop they are all messed up in DVD-lab Pro. Anyways, I have compiled the DVD and gotten the subtitle in magenta with white border (but I’ve selected yellow). I’ve also noticed that it’s not synchronized properly starting with the first dialog and more than that it’s slipping behind several seconds by the end of the movie. I’ve tried to adjust the color and timing but no success…
    I have played with PowerDVD the "Final DVD" and the subtitle color is OK and I can choose between original subtitle and the one that I just added. After copy/paste to "Original DVD" and update with IfoUpdate the subtitle color change and the original subtitle is missing!?
    Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Help!

IfoUpdate crashes in the last step.

I'm trying to add a subtitle to a Japanese R2DVD, but Ifoupdate crashes as soon as I open the original IFO file.

Is there any other program that I can use to complete the last step?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Matrix... I'm trying to add subtitles to my own DVD. When I demux my DVD (step 1) the resulting .m2v file doesn't contain the video that I want to add the subtitles to. My DVD menu structure has 10 chapters of video plus 2 more chapters which are slideshows (made with Memories on TV). I want to add subtitles to these Slideshows, but they're not in the .m2v file.
    Any ideas? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  14. i figured it out
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Matrix you rolzzz!!!
    your guide rolz!
    :P

but hELP me!

I tring to add subtitles to the Meet.The.Parents.CE.2000.NTSC.DVDR-TGiF

Ofther i Compiled with DVDLAB PRO i copied the original files to the final folder (but saved the final vts_01_00)
    when i try to update with IFoUpdate it update but when i run the movie the Warning Message (the regular thing) is showed but after that
    it stoped!!!
    if i copy the original vts_01_00 the movie work but the subtitles in streange color

can you HELP me?

AND THNX AGAIN FOR THE GUIDE
    :P
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can i update IFO file With IFOEDIT Like
    i update with Ifoupdate?

because IFOUPDATE is Sucks with NTSC
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TheMatrixx, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR THIS WONDERFUL (PERFECTLY WORKING) GUIDE

Best regards from Argentina

Cristian
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a question..........

Can Closed Captioning be ripped from a DVD?
    I have many DVDs with no subtitles (not even in english), but most of them hace closed captioning. I'd need to rip them, translate it to spanish language, and re-author the dvd with the translated closed captioning (or add the translated closed captions as subtitles). Is that possible? Or should I just "make" a subtitles file in order to re-author the DVD with spanish subtitles?
    I tried SubRip, but even though it says it found subtitles, it recognizes nothing at all
    Thanks in advance

Cristian
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    my pproblem is that i cannot use dvdlab pro. From the first day i downloaded it, i get a message that i need to buy it. Is there any way i can crack it or something.
    THANKS FOR THE EXCELLENT TUTORIAL.
    I am waiting for your response
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    i ripped two chapters from the dvd using dvd decrypter(ifo mode - rip by chapter) and placed them as two different .vobs in a folder.....demuxed the two vobs seperately and placed them in two different folders.

now, i opened dvd lab...added the demuxed .m2v and .ac3 files along with .srt subtitles of the corresponding capters(which i created on my own in subtitle workshop) to two different movies - movie1 and movie2....now i pressed "project - compile dvd"....got the .vob file, the .ifo file...stored these in a seperate folder...

now comes the big problem....when i tried updating the new .ifo file with the original .ifo using ifoupdate, it gives an error saying that the new ifo has 2 PGCs, while the older one has only one PGC.

the reason why i'm multiplexing .m2v's and .ac3's and .srt's of two different chapters is another story, infact a compulsion...

the reason why i'm stressing on ifo update is that, unless i update the ifo, the new vob loaded into AutoGK(for encoding puprpose) is not showing the newly multiplexed subtitles in its preview screen.

if u can suggest any other software(i mean other than autogk) which can convert my newly multiplexed vob file into avi or mpg(without losing quality), without any compulsion of updating corresponding ifo, then that would also solve my problem alternatively.

pls help me solve this problem.
    Quote Quote  
  21. thanks for the guide but i have a question
    if there is a way to edit the menu of the subtitle ?and how ?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Great guide, I will try it and post the results.
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
  23. I'm stuck in the part where I'm supposed to import the subtitles in dvd-lab pro, the program says "unsupported file type", what can it be?
    1f U c4n r34d 7h1s, U r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d!!!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi,

Are we all following the guide above?? It doesn't have any steps of VOBedit or Rejig or Ifoupdate.

Am I missing something here?

I also have a problem of having .vob main movie file in middle ie. vtx.11.1.. I'm utterly confused.

I followed the guide as above but at last step in Ifo update, it said it can't update because I have more chapters. I have 12 chapters each having PGC files.

I wonder how I can resolve this problem. Can you please help??

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TheMatrixx, is this guide working for a DVD that has not a movie but episodes from a TV show?
    I mean...I have 4 TV show episodes which after converting them from avi to dvd with WinAvi and using TMPGEnc DVD Author to author them into a DVD, I want to add the subtitles for these 4 tv episodes. Will this guide work? How am I gonna add the subs (which I have in srt fotmat?)

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi. Thanks by the guide. is very useful, but i have the Stargate SG-1 Season 1 in DVD-R and i want to put portuguese subs. How can i do this?

thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if you send me your email or pm me i will explain it to you in portuguese.

i have done that before
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by APOEL
    my pproblem is that i cannot use dvdlab pro. From the first day i downloaded it, i get a message that i need to buy it. Is there any way i can crack it or something.
    THANKS FOR THE EXCELLENT TUTORIAL.
    I am waiting for your response

you cant ask for cracks here, instead of dvd lab use muxman for example, instead of srt subs muxman uses sst subs, use subtitle workshop to creat sst from srt.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Small problem that I can not solve with thiz excellent guide.

I ripped the subs with subrip.

The have font styles like italic in it (like thiz : blabla)

But when I import the subs in dvdlabpro, all the styles are gone.
    What happenend?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Great guide !

Just one littel problem. I usually add English & Hebrew subtitles.
    After I finish the whole guide and watch it on the PC or TV I cant see the name Hebrew when switching between the 2 subtitles.
    It shows the name English with no problem but the Hebrew is blank on TV and on the PC it shows Subtitle 1.

How can I fix this thing ?

Thanks in advance ;)
    Quote Quote