VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Wookie3K
    Thank you for the reply. I did join only 4 VOBs and and renamed them as you stated. I took the large iso file from PGC_1 and then the other 3 VOBs from the other 3 folders where I ripped the PGCs to. Renamed them VTS_01_001.VOB, VTS_01_002.VOB etc.

But after creating new ifo for the resulting joined clips, it shows 15 PGCs instead of 4. I suspect the problem is the PGC_3 has 12 chapters in the original and even though the ripped PGC_3 is only one VOBfile, it has 12 chapters that in the end are turned into individual PGCs after joining.

So there must be something I'm doing wrong or a step missing. I did follow your guide very carefully and rechecked all my steps.

Any help or ideas is very much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Wcorum

Hmm... try "join clips" on each VOBfile separately (so basicly you're just changing the VOBid per file but aren't joining shit) and when asked for the first VOBid in VOBedit, enter the correct number (1 for first PGC, 2 for second one, etc.). So when you're done you still have 4 VOBfiles, but they will all have the correct VOBid. (Make sure the VOBfiles are NOT named alike when doing this, or place them in different folders, otherwise VOBedit will still join all 4 VOBs together.

After this try pasting the VOBs together with VOBedit, but this time use the function "Join CellVob files"

Lemme know how it all went.
    I experience, therefore you are.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Correction on the above post:

When doing "join clips" on each file separately you will not end up with still 4 files, because VOBedit will break up the main movie VOB into 1 gig chunks, aside from this the rest of the process remains the same... first give all the separate VOBs the right id, then try joining 'm with "join CellVob files"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hello, Wookie3K!

I have episode DVD, wich has 11 PGSs, so do you think your guide shold do it?

Thx in advanced...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Heat

I guess so... Just gonna be a lot of work, subbing every ep...
    Quote Quote  
  6. i followed step 1 to 5b exactly
    i get my movie to run
    but it has no subtitles
    i lists it but i dont see it

since the movie was made from a mpeg2 file to dvd format(video_ts)
    then to the m2v format
    i renamed my own sub file to VTS_01_1.20.sup
    my movie name VTS_01_1.m2v and VTS_01_1.c0

and before the demux VIDEO_TS , VIDEO_TS.BUP , VIDEO_TS.IFO , VTS_01_0.BUP , VTS_01_0.IFO , VTS_01_1.VOB , VTS_01_2.VOB

anybody have an idea why it aint showing ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. For the people who think they've seen the light...

My way of fixing a MultiPGC DVD with new subs will definitely not work for every MultiPGC-DVD.

Thx.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Helo yuske, ReJig make errors like that some time...Try it with IfoEdit or with the new guide (with DVD Maestro).
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hello Ace2, please send me the IFO files of the movie (thematrix@go.ro). I think I can patch them so you can see the subtitles. Anyway...if you are doing this guide from here...you can stop at STEP 5 and you can do STEP 5 from the new guide (IfoUpdate STEP)....you can find the new guide here.
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  10. ok thanks matrixx will have a look at the new guide first
    see if i can get a visible sub with that one
    Quote Quote  
  11. the matrixxx

i tried your guide it works perfect for me
    just one problem with subs i add all subs in my movie
    an replece just one chinese to spanish
    english an french looks fine but the colors of chinese(spanish)
    are weird they don't see white neither yellow
    it's a combine of colors
    text silver
    outlined yellow
    background black and so i'll give you an screenshot if you like
    i hope you can help me
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi odrareg. yes...read the last post i wrote....the one for Ace2...3 posts up

There is your answer....stop at STEP 5 (so DON'T do STEP 5) and continue with STEP 5 from the new guide (the IFO Update step). New guide is here.

If you still can't see your subtitles as are the english and french...just do the movie again with the new guide
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  13. with each ntsc dvd I open, I find the number of programs is similar to the number of cells, does this make a problem?
    Quote Quote  
  14. As I know it should not be a problem. Try it with the new guide (you find it here )

Good luck.
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  15. Well,

After I've demuxed the dvd files in the Demux DVD folder, I got only two files in "Final DVD folder:
    "Mux.vob" & "SupMuxed.vob"

How is that?
    Quote Quote  
  16. hi,

first time poster here, just wanted to add my 2 cents on a problem i had and i think i saw someone else have the same problem, not sure if it was fixed (10 pages is alot to read).

Problem was as follows:
    when adding a new Sub to the DVD (after de-mux), the sup file i got was smaller than the original sup files. had all the same info but smaller (maybe srt2sup saves them at another resolution).
    when trying to remux the files into vobs, after about 48% of remux, i got the error "too many frame drops". always the same error, same place. but -only- if i used the original sup files together with the new one. using the new sup file only, resulted in no problem.

so here is the fix i did, it's alot of work really but it works.

startup SubRip, choose the Vob file with the movie (same as stated in the guide), choose the Sub you want from the drop down list, and click start. you'll have to go thru alot of typing (one letter at a time) till the program learns the letters from the pictures. after done save to SRT.
    you can choose the next sub from the drop down list if you want to keep more than one of the original subs, should be less typing this time if you save the matrix of the first one you did.
    after you are done, save to SRT again.

now use srt2sup and remake the srt's you've just made to new sup files. replace all the dvd's sup files with the ones you've just created (same nameings tho ofcourse), and load up ifoedit, and do the rest as stated in the guide.

this helped me bypass the problem.

PS. 3 day wait for posting sucks
    Madness = Power = Domination
    Quote Quote  
  17. in DVDMaestro, each time I try to import a subtitle file in *.son , I get this error:
    No corresponding subtitles found! The video asset timecode may not correspond to the timecode specified for the subtitles in the import file

The dvd movie is PAL, and the subtitle that I downloaded was 25fps and in *srt extension where I converted it to .son

What could be the reason then?
    Quote Quote  
  18. I need an answer please . I really tried many ways but no postitive result!
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi paganmoon GREAT WORK 8)

That's way I didn't have that error....I was adding only one subtitle (the one in my language, made with srt2sup)

Very good work again !

Best regards.

P.S.: you are invated on my forum if you like (here)
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  20. Hi mohammad, I send you a Private Message

You have to convert the *.srt file to *.stl format ...NOT *.son format

Best regards.
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  21. ok i have the same problem as ACE2.

with film Troy and I, Robot.

Can anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Dear Friends,

Following this guide, I’ve had some major problems. First of all I’ve got to mention that since I’m only remotely familiar with the concepts of DVD Authoring, I had completely followed the guide without a slight straying.

1.Although suggested by the guide to find a most suitable subtitle, I have not been able to do so, therefore I had to use Subtitle Workshop. I had two issues with this program, first first when I try to synchronize the subtitles with the movie, I can only open the first vob files i.e. VTS_01_1, and do the adjustment, and by opening the next segment, the timer starts from zero, which renders the method of subtitle synchronization with first/last spoken line of the movie impossible for example subtitle 49:00 with the relevant movie segment which is a part of VTS_01_2.
    Second and most important, during the preview, if I go forward and backward, it will cause a time mismatch, i.e. starting the preview from beginning of the movie, the timer shows the correct corresponding time, forwarding the movie and the timer lags behind the original time, it shows 9:30:256, but it is actually 9:35:456, which also makes the adjustment impossible.

2.Trying to multiplex a demux NTSC movie with rejig I encounter this runtime error :

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  23. @Atreides
    In a situation like yours, I would use VOBEDIT to demux de VOB file to get a full audio and a full video stream.
    Then open the subtitle work shop and load the subtitle and the audio file.
    The final result is always very good.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hello everyone:
    I have a movie that after the demuxing process become in 3 M2Vs,does anybody on this forum had this problem before?is there any way to join those pieces together? because DVD Maestro only accepts one M2V.Forgive me if this topic was discussed here before,but i couldn't find it. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hello Matrixx:
    I tried with your web site and I couldn't connect, is it down or something?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi jlspiderman, please set at DVD Decrypter on Tools->Settings menu at IFO Mode tab, the File Spliting to NONE !

See the picture!

My site new adress is www.dvdromania.org
    Follow the white rabbit
    Quote Quote  
  27. If you can't find any subtitles and need to make your own subtitles from scratch is it possible to sync them with the movie while viewing using this method? Like a preview mode similar to the one in Subtitle Workshop and DVD workshop.
    Quote Quote  
  28. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    aryudsub: you can use dvdsubber and create a srt sub file. i haven't tested the built-in subber in dvd-lab pro.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Super Job! Works Great!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  30. Thanks Baldrick. I've got dvdsubber downloaded and I'll start reading up on how to use it.
    Quote Quote