VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Wotcha!
    Just startin orf likewith the getting me old VHS tapes onta dvd geez, no what ar mean like and arm in a bit of a pickle. Which route does I take: a) the PC or b) DVD recorder? Me comps only got 20GB and abaht 32 megs Ram and arm usin’ winders 98 and I read somewhere like that a lot of the necessary software needs tonsa memory and XP to work proper innit! As I only wonna transfer bits of lotsa VHS tapes onta DVD dyer fink the recorders the best way? Summa the stuff I’ve read on this forums ad me ead spinning fer days so if ya do reply (very grateful BTW keep it simple as me brain still hurts!! Ta all. Keep it real yeah

Babelfish? Try home counties UK
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The easier way to back up a VHS tape appears to be using a standalone DVD recorder. However, it is also a less flexible option. Careful research should be done.
    Quote Quote  
  3. if you have tons of vhs's, and with your sistem, a stand alone is the way to go.
    spending money on a new sistem, gives you the power of "authoring" those dvd's.....

i whould prefer a new sistem, the stand alone is really limited, not many options.....
    Quote Quote