VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Required tools:
    Vobsub2.23 http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?file=VobSub_2.23.exe

If you have vobsub2.23 installed make sure you install the utilities that comes w/ the package. Check your programs menu for VobSub and skip the quick installation.

Quick Installation and what to look for:

Launch vobsub2.23.exe

Click ok for install window

Next for Vobsub setup wizard

Installations Options: Click + to make - to extend Utilties list.
    By default these are checked if not,
    Check subresync, submux, create shortcuts & associate files
    with notepad, then click next to continue.

Click install for installation folder

Then close for completed window.

Now that you installed vobsub2.23 files goto your programs menu, look for Vobsub and lanuch subresync.

Click open, goto to directory that has your filename.sub

Select your filename.sub by single click then open. By default fps is 25, if your video frames per seconds a different value (23.97, 24, 25. 29.97) select something else.

The subresync dialog box appears...by default "Render" checked and "unlink" not checked. From the "drop down menu" it may detect multiple language options(Eq. 00-Japanese, 01-English, 02-Chinese, 03-Not detected, 04-etc.....)
    I only comprehend english so 01 was selected.

Then clicked Save As, from the "save as type" drop down menu, select your desired output extension.

Note: OCR Setting "clear image->letter(s) database" will build a database of letters you will be typing. If checked this item will clear the database. Click save to begin.

Follow the moving red box below and "enter matching letter/word/(s)." Once letter is typed press enter. This in turn builds a database of the letter/words/(s) you type. Some times the words don't appear properly cause of unknow character or symbol. Click "extend" to find the remain letter/word/(s).

Finally test your new filenname.srt and see if matches with your flix.

Special Tanks to Xtropy for kill.bill sub file
    FireWalker and IceBreaker{BaWp}
    of Black and White Productions
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can't direct-link to images at geocities.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Corrected direct-link BlackAdders Dog's Body
    Quote Quote  
  4. Anonymous138
    Jesus Christ, I just fixed an entire subtitle file (.sub) for a Korean movie. When I save the file as an SRT or SMI it just converts the text to question marks!!!!!!!!! What the hell is going on? I was hoping that opening in a web browser and changing the encoding would fix it, but apparently subresync just wrote out question marks!!ahhhhhhhhh what am i supposed to do? Is there no better program? It doesn't seem to write out Korean text.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry never answered this post in a reasonable time frame. Not sure how to answer this question....i mostly convert movies for english....its hard enough if you don't know the language. I'm not sure if there's other programs like subresync that will convert to foreign language without messing things up.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Anonymous138
    I resolved this issue, but seemed like no one was posting here anymore so I didn't reply.

When saving the file, you have to click a box that says save as unicode or something.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I downloaded VobSub through this page today
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/subtitle_tools/vobsub.cfm

and I did all the steps here.. After I clicked the .sub file and open, nothing happened. Nothing showed up. Not sure what is going on there.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To your response courtellemont1 :
    If your missing the idx file which is the counterpart for the sub files its possible the only screen you will get is the open screen for subresync. Is this the case? If so you need the idx file as well. If i recall right the idx tells subResync the text, color, location, size etc of the subtitle files.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm not able to open subresync.exe. I've installed VobSub several times but, nothing happens. What's going on?
    WinXP SP3-ASUS P5K-Intel Core2 Quad Q6600-Kingston DDR2-800 4GB-Maxtor STM3320613AS-LG GSA-H42N-PHILIPS SPD6002T-Gainward 9500GT-Pinnacle 700-PCI-Realtek HD
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Puppybarf View Post
    I'm not able to open subresync.exe. I've installed VobSub several times but, nothing happens. What's going on?
    If you running IE8 it won't work with the current installation. Download this if you have IE8

http://css.setti.info/~perplexer/vobsub/vobsub223fix.html
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick --

I've noticed a certain anomaly in at least a few VH threads like this one. If I try to save it or to print it out for future reference (color inkjet in this case, but I doubt the particular printer matters), only different parts of it come through. We can use this thread as an example. My 'Go To' capture as PDF is PDFRedirect v. 2, which I've found pretty reliable. But not infallible, as it did not pick up the illustrations, which are the main point of this. Latest FireFox 3 got most or all of the text posts for printing, but none of the graphics except for the very first one. Any idea what's up with that ? Maybe something to do with the

"You can't direct-link to images at geocities." message ?

(Except that I've seen a similar result with some other threads.)

Next, I switched to IE, which did get all of the graphs for printing, but superimposed them over top of text posts. Between FF & IE, I got a messy but apparently complete version.

Am I doing something wrong ? I know there are some web pages that are formatted in such a way that only IE can resolve them (which is largely frowned upon, these days), though I don't think this would be one of those.

My recollection is that I almost never saw this issue with VH in the past . . . but that might have been before the switch to VBulletin.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  12. [QUOTE=Mafamaticks;2058300]
    Originally Posted by Puppybarf View Post
    If you running IE8 it won't work with the current installation. Download this if you have IE8

http://css.setti.info/~perplexer/vobsub/vobsub223fix.html
    Thank you very much.
    WinXP SP3-ASUS P5K-Intel Core2 Quad Q6600-Kingston DDR2-800 4GB-Maxtor STM3320613AS-LG GSA-H42N-PHILIPS SPD6002T-Gainward 9500GT-Pinnacle 700-PCI-Realtek HD
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by FireWalker View Post
    Follow the moving red box below and "enter matching letter/word/(s)." Once letter is typed press enter. This in turn builds a database of the letter/words/(s) you type. Some times the words don't appear properly cause of unknow character or symbol. Click "extend" to find the remain letter/word/(s).

Finally test your new filenname.srt and see if matches with your flix. => but Nothing Happened on my files!
    After doing until this session, it's Nothing happened or No files appear in my folder!
    Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions..? Thanks in advance.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  14. Is vobsub compatible with Win 7 x64?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by courtellemont1
    I downloaded VobSub through this page today
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/subtitle_tools/vobsub.cfm

and I did all the steps here.. After I clicked the .sub file and open, nothing happened. Nothing showed up. Not sure what is going on there.https://essays.agency/homework-help.html
    In case someone is trying to download it from this page as well: I had issue with the antivirus and everything just froze. So I'm not sure what happened either. There's a message that it may include 3d party offers. And I reported the issue to AfterDawn tech support.
    Sorry for a bump.
    Last edited by moonkrj; 12th Jul 2019 at 02:05. Reason: typos
    Quote Quote