VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    It's actually ~20 seconds, and yes, it is normal. We will probably shorten it, as I find it a bit excessive.
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."
    Quote Quote  

2. Hi,
    May i respectfully asked for what purpose is this "feature" of 20 seconds wait time?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To give you the time to read the agreement before you can use the application. It is only displayed the first time you use it, and never again, unless you delete MTR's preferences file or use a different version of MTR. I will see about getting it shortened, as I've already had to wait through it several times through the course of my testing.
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."
    Quote Quote  
  4. Since i use my Cube dvd drive and an external firewire drive, i do use two versions of MTR to rip 2 different dvds at the same time.
    So i do see the agreement coming back over and over.
    Is there a way to use one version of MTR to do two ripping at the same time?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What happens if you duplicate the MTR 2.0b2 app, and use two instances of it at once? Does it keep presenting the agreement screen?
    Quote Quote  
  6. stop complaining.... i can make it 60secs if you like!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. hahahaha...Make a crazy sounds too...That would be funny...

Keep up the great work...Wish You best luck in the future...
    Quote Quote  
  8. TO SERBIAN:

hi serbian,

don't write me mails about "joe56", as I have payed for your programm and I'm not pirate it.

sascha

p.s.: I responded you 2x but the mail has'nt be delivered....
    please take a look at:

http://homepage.mac.com/shk747/
    Quote Quote  
  9. "MTR now removes UOPs, which you should all be very happy about."
    Ok, what is a UOP?
    "What's a matter Colonel Sanders???? CHICKEN???!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  10. UOPs are User Operation Prohibitions. DVDs are typically authored so that only certain buttons are allowed at any given time during playback or in the menus.

For example, you cannot normally Fast-Forward through the FBI warning screens and sometimes it is even impossible to skip the annoying previews that automatically start when the DVD loads.

Disabling UOPs could just be the most exciting thing to happen around here since...well, probably since MTR popped on the scene; but the point is, it's exciting!

Anybody tested it with a troublesome DVD yet?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tested it with Disney DVDs (the worst offenders), and could skip straight to the menu. It's a beautiful thing.
    Quote Quote  
  12. OFFTOPIC

TO SERBIAN:

hi serbian,

don't write me mails about "joe56", as I have payed for your programm and I'm not pirate it.

sascha

p.s.: I responded you 2x but the mail has'nt be delivered....
    Oooo...Im VERY sorry if You misunderstood me...Im not acusing You...That mail was sent to ALL my customers...I just wanted to share my feelings regarding that matter with my customers...

Thanx for Your support,
    Stay well,
    SERBIAN
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sascha h-k
    [some off-topic stuff]
    Sascha, please keep on topic here. Either send a PM or start a new thread if your comment has nothing to do with the current thread's topic.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MTR 2.0 beta 3 was released today. We've fixed several crashing bugs that were in beta 2. We've also added an option in the prefs to not remember the save location, for those that wish to set it each time.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is the disabling of UOP's automatic or is there a preference you have to hit? either way doesn't matter but was just curious, great feature. can't wait. thanks
    pants on, pants off, pants the floor.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's an option. Click on the UOPs button in the lower LHS of the main MTR 2.0b2 or b3 window and there's a preference check-box.

To W.W. and G.B.,

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE *QUALITY* SOFTWARE, MTR 2.0 *ROCKS*, and the final version will especially KICK ASS!!!

-A.S.
    Albe Sure™ means QUALITY! :wink:

"Know the name..." ©2004
    Quote Quote  
  17. SORRY, all !

(...I have posted, because my mails to S. returned...)
    please take a look at:

http://homepage.mac.com/shk747/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MacTheRipper 2.0 beta 4 is now ready for testing, with no known issues at this time.
    We've made the RCE and UOP code more reliable, which should prevent some of the problems with earlier versions.
    Also, we've added an option in the preferences to "Enable 'Relaxed IFO/VOB Size Check'". If you ever get errors saying "Failed vob # size test", you can then go to the preferences and check that option, and try ripping again.
    There's a little surprise for you when ripping is complete. I hope you enjoy the new warning screen when you finish the extraction.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I duplicated MTR and yes, now i can rip with both dvds with two different drives at the same time.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MacTheRipper 2.0 beta 5 is out. We hope this fixes some problems some people were having with beta 4. There are also some minor interface enhancements. I hope we're getting close to public release here.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just went to MTR site and it only shows the 1.5.6 version available is there a new MTR site? and where is it? I couldnt even find it on google!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Master of my domain thoughton's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I believe you have to send an email to the developers and then you get invited to join the beta test.

While we're on the subject, Wise you emailed me like a month ago about the beta. I said I'd love to, but since then I've heard nothing. I know we've had a few rough patches recently but I'd still love to try it!
    Tim Houghton
    WebsitePhotography
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you on our update notification mailing list? If not, then you don't get notifications about beta versions. If you are on the list, and still aren't getting notifications, it's probably because your ISP is blocking mail from my current mail server.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I registered for updates and got MTR 2.0 looks great, but all the bottom of the letters are cut off in the main window and I couldnt see an activity drawer.
    Quote Quote  
  25. 1) the letters are not cut of in the main window ( what have you been doing to your fonts ?)

2) there is no activity draw ( read WW basic docs )

3) There is no 3.

GB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, there are no real docs for the 2.0 betas yet. The drawer is gone because all of its info is either in the main LCD area, or in the case of the disc info, it's now in the popup menus when you select title, chapter or title set extraction modes. There is no more need for a drawer, and the interface is much nicer for it.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by geezerbuttz
    1) the letters are not cut of in the main window ( what have you been doing to your fonts ?)
    I dont know? what could I do to fix it, any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why don't you get a hold of us through the proper channels with your feedback? Send all feedback from the beta tests to mtr@wormintheapple.gr. It could be that you've used some kind of haxie like TinkerTool or something to change your system font size or something. No one else is getting that kind of behavior, and it's not supposed to be that way. We're not worried about a buggy interface for people who've been messing with their font sizes or something.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your help! maybe they should rename this forum cranky old bastards help, I am new to all this shit, I am 42 yo and had a computer less than a year and from what I know I havent done anything to my fonts! I dont know what a haxie is or a tinker tool for that matter. I mentioned something about the letters cut off at the bottom and then I get told what have I done with my fonts, so I ask the question and then get told off by someone else for the wrong channels. I used MTR 2.0 this morning and left it running when I came home there was a message on the screen that said I had to restart my computer push reset or hold down power button for a few seconds, behind that screen there was a screen that had crash errors etc. Now before you tell me off again I wouldnt have a clue how to tell you what happened.
    Quote Quote  
  30. I'm with you, turdburgler. We can be a cranky bunch around here, but I also know being a developer can be stressful. Or worse, you can be providing tech support, like WW.

But I think they'd be genuinely interested to see screenshots of your problem, especially if it's reproducible. You mentioned crash logs, and if you could copy and paste those, I bet that would help a bunch too.

And if you've gotten far enough to have downloaded a MTR 2.0 beta, you can't be that bad with computers.

Give us a little more information and your problem will probably get fixed. What system are you running, and on what machine?
    Quote Quote