VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a DVD that has some historic footage on it that was converted from 8mm. Unfortunately, due to the age of the original film, there are many segments where there needs to have some brightness and/or contrast changes made to make it clear.

Currently, I have some Sony MyDVD software, but, I can't figure out how I can accomplish this editing. If you know of a way to accomplish this or would like to suggest some good software, I'm anxious to hear all about it.

This is importaint that I get this edited as soon as possible. So, if you have any suggestions, please post them immediately or email me direct.

Thanks,
    Bob
    Just a new guy to the digital video recording
    Quote Quote  
  2. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    MyDVD is made by Sonic. I consider MyDVD to be pure junk. And besides that MyDVD is an authoring app and not an editing app.

Have a look through the tools section to the left and browse the "Basic Video Editors". Some easy apps are Womble MPEG Video Wizard 2003 and Nero Vision Express, but they're not free.

Video Redo is very slick and straightforward, and you can download an evaluation copy. The full version is $50. I tried it and although I'm not ecstatic about the interface, it's extremely fast and efficient. I don't recall if it'll edit bright and contrast but you can D/L and try it.
    Quote Quote