VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. You wanna hear critical issues ? I downloaded their latest Security Critical Fixes, and my Windows 2000 wouldn't boot up! it kept crashing on NTOSKRNL

Now THAT is critical!
    Thank god I had a Ghost image to restore everything again! :P
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.

2. Then you got lucky, I did it 3 times, and 3 times my NTOSKRNL died

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,

3. What else to expect, it's microcrap .

vcd4ever.

4. Two responses come to mind:

1. Take it or leave it.

2. Individual results may vary.

Take yer pick....

5. microsoft rulz
    Increase knowledge, increase sorrow.

6. I'll take option #2
    I believe in don't trash a system that works perfectly smooth with more Microsoft Bugs

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,

7. I've applied MS updates to virutally dozens of machines and never once had a single one that crashed as a result. That includes Win 9x/ME, 2k and XP versions. Beyond that, I posted this info for those who choose to make use of it at their own risk.

If a member doesn't like MS, or otherwise has had problems with it, I'm quite honestly not the least bit interested, unless s/he can offer a useful comment. Simply stating that a machine wouldn't boot after applying an update provides nothing useful as it does not indicate what may have caused the problem to begin with. Who knows what may be the origin of the conflict?

Even less helpful are gratuitous, not to mention highly unoriginal, remarks such as "microcrap", etc. No one is forcing anyone to use MS or any of the updates they provide. If someone want to use Linux or Mac OS or whatever, that's great, and I won't lose a second's worth of sleep over his or her decision to do so. Use what works for you and let others do the same....

8. Originally Posted by vcd4ever
    What else to expect, it's microcrap .

vcd4ever.
    Given the specs you provided:

Operating System: Windows95b (osr2.1)
    CPU Speed: 400mhz (intel PII)
    it's not surprising you'd arrive at that conclusion. Try upgrading to something a bit more up to date and then you'll be in a better position to comment. The updates in question wouldn't even apply to an OS that MS no longer supports! You're simply not qualified to remark on the subject....

9. I Just love those Microsoft Lovers, notice what you said "make use of it at their own risk" I wonder why the "risk" is there. Maybe for Microsoft not to ever take responsibility for their own updates. Terrorists of the Web is what they are.

If I had to go by a Microsoft Supported OS, they barely give any true support to any of their OS's, you wanna hear about support ? check IBM's OS/2 Warp 3 and 4, how old are they ? lets see, Warp 4 is from 1996, and wow! it is not even being sold, but STILL being supported!

Now if Microsoft Supported their OS like that!

Oh, so the guy with 95 is not qualified, how about me then ? or maybe only if I put the next disasster you call an OS (namely XP) on my PC, you would say i'm entitled to "Try upgrading to something a bit more up to date and then you'll be in a better position to comment"

Well, i've installed a bit more then "dozens" of OS's by MS and with loads of Different Hardware settings, and i've seen it crash over and over again, oh and "Simply stating that a machine wouldn't boot after applying an update provides nothing useful as it does not indicate what may have caused the problem to begin with" is completly false.

Why ? Cause if a system worked SMOOTH just UPTO that update, then it's obviously the fault of the update. Fact ? i've restored the system from an Image file, worked flawlessly, ONLY updating the Critical Windows Updates and the system would not load the next boot. And i've tried it 3 times just to make sure.

Of course you will not take responsibility, cause hey, it's not your fault that a Microsoft Update crashes a user's PC, it's their own risk to take. No One is forcing anyone to use ? Now that's really original! like we got much choice in the matter, try going with a different OS and you will be forced by the programs to switch back.

Then you'd say it's not Microsoft's fault! or is it ? Maybe being a MONOPOLY gives them the power to dictate to others what to install or not, after all they use their monopoly power to take over IM's and Office and Browsers and Media Playing, and hey, if they can't win in a fair competition, they are just gonna integrate it into their OS to make sure you use it if you want or not.

So don't try to impress me with how many dozens of systems you updated, cause more chances that I updated a heck lot more then you did in only a day.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,

10. You won't get anywhere by putting words in my mouth....

11. XP's alright.

12. And what words did I put in your mouth exactly, except for the phrases you said which I just quoted ? unless you are denying the words you did say ? or is this just a lame way of trying to ignore the facts which i've said ?

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,

13. Originally Posted by djelimon
    XP's alright.
    yep

You don't like Windows - Get an Apple
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.

14. Yeah, get an Apple, that's a good one!
    I rather get Linux, they would both accomplish the same thing

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,

15. XP may not be perfect, but I've yet to find an OS that is. Beyond that, those who don't like MS should direct their complaints at Microsoft! There's definitely nothing I can do about it.....

Search Comp PM
    I'll stick with my commodore 64 and it's machine language.

Seriously though, as much as MS can support their stuff there will always be a bad guy or just a bored student somewhere that wants to crack somebody's junk.

MS is ok and pretty much is THE GAME in town.
    You can always go watch some peewee football or AA baseball down the road if ya want.

17. I use XP but I still don't like MS. hald their patches break more than they fix. This latest round of updates has seemed to work okay, except there are certain pages, like the Day 1 Codebreaker saves at cmgsccc.com that I can't download correctly now. IE says that the server cannot be found or is inaccessable, but netscape downloads them fine.

18. @JohnnyCNote, I never said you should do something about it, But don't try to praise them as a "god sent" to earth. Cause they are far from them, and as for complaining to them. I Used to be a Beta Tester (98/SE/ME/2K) and even then they wouldn't listen.

They got Monopoly Power, they don't care about the "little" customer. Which is why they use the tactics of "use at your own risk" on their OWN updates! I Doubt they even care about the large companies. But i'm not worried, they are going down, fact is, all their court days are far from over

PS: I've seen XP crash so badly you wouldn't believe it. That's why on my PC I got both 98SE (which to this day works smoother then 2000!) and 2000 and Linux, just incase a MS system decides to die on me.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,

19. Originally Posted by JohnnyCNote
    Originally Posted by vcd4ever
    What else to expect, it's microcrap .

vcd4ever.
    Given the specs you provided:

Operating System: Windows95b (osr2.1)
    CPU Speed: 400mhz (intel PII)
    it's not surprising you'd arrive at that conclusion. Try upgrading to something a bit more up to date and then you'll be in a better position to comment. The updates in question wouldn't even apply to an OS that MS no longer supports! You're simply not qualified to remark on the subject....
    I bought my first computer in 1982 and i have since then used the following OS versions on a PC: MSDOS 4.xx-6.xx and also Win3.0, Win3.10, Win3.11-Workgroup, Win95, Win95b, Win98, Win98se, ME, XP. The only OS versions that has been stable and reliable to work with has been Win311-Workgroup with MSDOS6.22, Win95 (All Versions) and Win98 (All Versions). I have both Win95b and Win98se installed on my computer because some programs doesn't support Win95b. The main OS i'm using is Win95b because some things are much faster to do in Win95 compared to Win98. This is only my PC and microsoft experience since 1982 and this is enough microsoft experience for me to post this comment "What else to expect, it's microcrap" .

vcd4ever.

Search Comp PM
    both of my PCs are totally fine after the updates.
    One is 2000 and the other XP

Search Comp PM
    I've been applying MS patches via Windows Update for several years now. Total of 300+ PC's at work and home. Never lost a machine to an update yet. VERY reliable.

Lannie

22. I've lost over 50 machines because of Windows Updates, and at work it was not even cause of any other software, cause all that was installed was Windows and the Updates! and NOTHING else, go explain that one! I've also had people who came over so i'll fix their PC's after a nice Windows Update which left their system unbootable.

Windows Update Crashes

There are over 8000 people reporting crashes with Windows Update, so why do I get the feeling i'm not alone ?

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,

23. Originally Posted by Sefy
    Oh, so the guy with 95 is not qualified, how about me then ? or maybe only if I put the next disasster you call an OS (namely XP) on my PC, you would say i'm entitled to "Try upgrading to something a bit more up to date and then you'll be in a better position to comment"
    I totally agree with you, XP is a disasster and not something i would call an OS.....but compared to ME (Messedup Edition) it's not that bad :P .

Originally Posted by Sefy
    PS: I've seen XP crash so badly you wouldn't believe it
    I believe it, because when i was using ME it also crashed sometimes very badly.

vcd4ever.

24. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sefy,
    I know it's the lesser of available evils, but which Windows do you consider the most stable?

25. Compared to ME, i'd call DOS v1.0 an OS

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,

26. Originally Posted by Sefy
    I've lost over 50 machines because of Windows Updates, and at work it was not even cause of any other software, cause all that was installed was Windows and the Updates! and NOTHING else, go explain that one! I've also had people who came over so i'll fix their PC's after a nice Windows Update which left their system unbootable.

Windows Update Crashes

There are over 8000 people reporting crashes with Windows Update, so why do I get the feeling i'm not alone ?
    yeah, and if any of these users had called microsoft techsupport, the answer from microsoft is problably "It's not a bug, it's a feature"

vcd4ever.

27. Use what works for you and let others do the same. My only intention was to notify other members that an update was available. All of this OS bickering is very tiresome and resolves absolutely NOTHING! It never has and it never will.

As Grandma CNote used to say, "you no like, you no gotta use".....

28. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sefy
    Compared to ME, i'd call DOS v1.0 an OS
    So I guess your answer is "none".