VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Can we go back to talking about Russian choirs?

2. Ej ukhne, ej ukhne.

(opening part of "Volga Boatsmen").

I once translated I don't live today by Jimi Hendrix into Russian. It was enough to get us a write up in a local San Francisco music rag.....

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So i'm very much entitled to comparing MS to Terrorists, I have more experience in that department then anyone here as i've already survived 3 bus explosions from terrorist attacks here.
    Well using that logic, my father is entitled to be a heart surgeon because he has survived 3 triple bypasses and I'm entitled to be a doctor also because my wife is and I have survived 8 years of marriage to her.

Search Comp PM

Alright god-damn it, I can't take it anymore. Who is she?

5. @jtommyj, maybe I am overly sensetive, who knows! have you read some of the comments that were said ? Regarding the Critical Updates, I saw 6 fixes, 3 were for Windows itself, 1 for Media Player and 2 for IE/Outlook. And I was refering to the 3 Windows ones, cause I don't really use IE/Outlook or WMP.

After I kept removing and ended up with the last 3 I didn't feel like having to restore my system again, so I can't tell you specificly which of the 3 updates is at fault. I Don't feel like being a tester for Microsoft anymore. I've done it in the past and i'm not interested again.

What I did was give a warning that the updates trashed the systems, as you may or may not know, most people simply let WU select and they click on the install. That's about it.

As for Terrorists and MS, sorry, but i'm sticking to calling them Terrorists of the Web, cause that is exactly what they are. Considering there are plenty of "wounded" and "dead" companies thanks to their business tactics. It is my opinion and i'm not taking it back cause I mean it. I've lost loved ones too. And I still call MS terrorists of the web.

Lastly, your Logic eludes me with each Comparison you do. Please explain your comparison. I survived terrorist attacks. I can see Terrorist and do a logical conclusion of their tactics and Microsoft Tactics. They are identical. How does one who gets an operation can be compared with someone that gives the operation ? What being a doctor has anything to do with being a married person ? This Logic of Yours is Completly Illogical to me.

@JohnnyCNote, irrelevent, you post a message without giving a warning, and i'll do my job as a Moderator and warn people that the update can do harm. Same as if you post Warez, you won't be held liable, but Baldrick will cause it's his forum.
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.

6. So much for the olive branch....

7. You want an Olive Branch ? simply put a fair warning, it won't kill you. It has nothing to do with you disagreeing with me, or me disagreeing with you. It's completly irrelvent.

Do something like:
    New Windows Updates
    There are reports of crashes, use at your own risk.

Would that kill you ?
    Propably will since you practicly said you take no notice to anything I said.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,

8. Put it in the rules and I'll do it. Until then, no. Also, your remarks about warez are wrong. I suggest you check out the forum rules regarding the subject:

Warez rules
    What is warez? Obtained IP (intellectual property: software/music/movies) either through download, serial, or crack in a manner that either explicitly or implied breaks the copyright or license for that IP.

Do NOT give warez / Do NOT link to warez
    Distributing warez. This includes linking to warez either directly or to crack or serial sites. Offering warez in any fashion including PM or e-mail is against forum policy.

Do NOT ask for warez
    Asking for warez. In any fashion this is unacceptable including but not limited to PM or e-mail requests or information on what p-2-p network has copies.

Do NOT provide information on how to obtain warez
    Providing information on how to obtain warez.

Do NOT advocate warez
    Advocate warez. Recommending the use of warez.
    Are you one of those types who likes to argue for its own sake?

9. @JohnnyCNote, I don't see your point regarding the Warez. Why do you think those rules exist ? cause if someone does put a Warez link here, he isn't the one who will get blamed, but the Forum Owner will, as it's his responsibility.

And keep expecting me to put warnings after everytime. Trust me, I won't get tired of it. Especialy since it kills you so much that I put the warning.

PS: I See were you misunderstood me about the Warez part. What I ment is that you won't be held liable if a company attacks the forum, Baldrick will be held liable, which is why the method of dealing with it is blocking the user and removing his Warez post.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,

10. And keep expecting me to put warnings after everytime. Trust me, I won't get tired of it. Especialy since it kills you so much that I put the warning.
    Oh yeah? This is certainly not a very mature attitude for a moderator. Having moderated forums for over 10 years, including for CNN on a professional basis, I know what I'm talking about.

None of these postings about software updates contain any warnings. Why am I being singled out?:

Toast 6.0.5 update

Installing windows XP critical updates offline

internet security apps

Adobe Premiere Pro upgrade (1.5) released

Optorite Update???
    (this one includes no warning whatsoever that updating firmware can void the warranty)

Help with my brand new burner

Liteon LVD-2001 and newest XVID problem?

NEC 2500a Firmware updates ? (this one includes multiple references to beta and hacked firmware, all with no warnings!)

TV card not detected at all
    (includes advice to upgrade Microsoft Direct X, with no warning at all. Where were you when this was posted?)

CloneDVD2, new update out.

NEC 2500a Firmware updates ?

Problem with reauthoring in DVD Workshop

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=215036&highlight=update

dvd +r burning issue

That's a small sampling from 175 pages of messages containing "update". I could also do "upgrade" and come up with lots more. Why haven't you gone to those threads and demande they post warnings, especially if you're a moderator? Since you've admitted that you've made this a personal issue, you don't reflect very positively upon your status as a moderator....

11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please explain your comparison. I survived terrorist attacks. I can see Terrorist and do a logical conclusion of their tactics and Microsoft Tactics. They are identical. How does one who gets an operation can be compared with someone that gives the operation ? What being a doctor has anything to do with being a married person ? This Logic of Yours is Completly Illogical to me.
    No Sefy, you are mixing two different things .You said this:
    So i'm very much entitled to comparing MS to Terrorists, I have more experience in that department then anyone here as i've already survived 3 bus explosions from terrorist attacks here.
    So you are saying that because you are around terrorists you have a right to identify MS as one. And I am saying that because I am around a doctor, I have a right to identify myself as one.

I am no less qualified to identify myself as a doctor than you are to identify MS as a terrorist. I am around a doctor. I see the tactics they use. I have compared them to my tactics and have drawn a logical conclusion that our tactics are identical. Therefore, I am a doctor.

MS doesn't blow up cars but they are terrorists. I don't see sick people but I am a doctor.

Why is MS terrorist ? Because you say they are.

Why am I a doctor ? Because I say I am.

If you are more entitled to say MS is terrorist because you have more "experience" in that department, then I am more entitled to be a doctor because I have more "experience" in that department.

And this is factually wrong
    I can see Terrorist and do a logical conclusion of their tactics and Microsoft Tactics. They are identical.
    I have not yet seen the charges brought up on Bill Gates for murder yet. Could you please direct me ?

12. And this is factually wrong Quote:
    I can see Terrorist and do a logical conclusion of their tactics and Microsoft Tactics. They are identical.

jtommyj:

I have not yet seen the charges brought up on Bill Gates for murder yet. Could you please direct me ?
    How can someone who makes such comparisons be taken seriously?

13. @JohnnyCNote, Cause I don't CHASE specificly after a person or go over an entire forum searching for troubles, when I encounter it, I deal with it. I got better things to do in my life. If you want a "mature" attitude, then don't compare yourself to others, and maybe take responsibility for what you post.

How can someone who makes such comparisons be taken seriously?
    How can someone like you be taken seriously if you need verbal command to tell you to do something you should be doing by default. Why breath? no one told you to! You make a big issue of putting a "warning" and I make it an issue you don't put one. You want to be childish, I can be the same.

@jtommyj, there's a bit of a difference then saying YOU are and saying THEY are. Just cause "I" saw many doctors, doesn't make "ME" a doctor. Which is how your examples seems to work. After you visited lots of doctors you can IDENTIFY "OTHER" people if they are genuine doctors or frauds. Which is the same goes with Microsoft Business Tactics and Terrorists, both get what they want by using force on anyone who disagrees with them and eliminating them

I am no less qualified to identify myself as a doctor than you are to identify MS as a terrorist. I am around a doctor. I see the tactics they use. I have compared them to my tactics and have drawn a logical conclusion that our tactics are identical. Therefore, I am a doctor.
    Are you allowed to perscribe medicines to patients ? are you allowed to do a surgury on a person ? Do you have qualifications to identify diseases ? if your answer is "yes" to those, then go ahead, be a doctor.

Terrorists Objectives - Using Force To Get What They Wants
    Microsoft Business Tactic - Using Monopoly (Force) to Get What They Want

Once Terrorist get what they want, they simply use the same tactic to keep getting more and more. Same as Microsoft, they couldn't use fair business, so they integrate their products into their Monopoly Business.

I'm entitled to say Microsoft are Terrorists, cause I see how terrorist work and how governments deal with them. The only difference Between Gates and a Terrorist Leader, is that he has money and he wears a suit.

Microsoft are being sued all over for their Business Tactics and all of the Casualties they caused companies which perished because of it. All Those companies equal death of people. Not on a "moral" level, but on the same comparison level.

Example:
    When Israel gets terrorist attacks, the whole world tells us to seat quiet and take it and not respond.
    When the US gets terrorist attack, it doesn't really care what the world say and bombs the entire area and declares war on terrorisim.

Seems like that's how you look at things.
    Untill somebody dies because they went into bankcrupsy because of the way Microsoft does business, and even then, you will not look at them as the Terrorist, not untill it happens close to home.[/quote]

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,

14. You want to be childish, I can be the same.
    In which case you're certainly not in any position to criticize me or anyone else.

So you're waging a jihad against Microsoft. Terrorists are fanatically devoted to their causes and tend to make wildly overstated remarks. Some would say that comparing Microsoft to a terrorist organization would fall into this catagory.

When MS fanatics start strapping on suicide bomb belts, flying planes into office buildings, hijacking passenger aircraft and blowing them up in the desert, holding Olympic teams hostage and otherwise embarking on a campaign of terror, then the term "terrorist" will apply.

However, when you compare MS to terrorist organizations, like al Qaeda, the PLO (at least as far as some are concerned), the Red Brigade, the Order, the Tupamaros, the Sendero Luminoso, etc., you make it impossible to take you seriously....

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator Baldrick

15. @JohnnyCNote, when you twist and turn everything I say to suit your quest, then I don't take you seriously either. Maybe when you grow up and learn to take responsibility for things you say, you'll understand the comparison, till then, i'm done answering you.

And whenever I come a post of yours for some update which is known to cause problems and you give no warning, then simply expect to see one by me.

I'm not waging a Jihad, as I don't build up a group of people, and I don't tell anyone else to do anything and I don't force my opinions on someone else, so there goes your whole "serious" accusation against me, seems like you do not even know what a Jihad is. Not that i'm surprised.

Oh a Liar now are you ?

Why haven't you gone to those threads and demande they post warnings, especially if you're a moderator? Since you've admitted that you've made this a personal issue, you don't reflect very positively upon your status as a moderator
    You do know that doing THAT would be a Jihad ? and I never said i'm to take it as a personal issue. Those are your words. Mine were different:

And keep expecting me to put warnings after everytime. Trust me, I won't get tired of it. Especialy since it kills you so much that I put the warning.
    That does not say i'm gonna hunt you down and chase you all over and only you. That says that I will be putting warnings after everytime I see a news with risks. But since it kills you to put a warning, i'll simply enjoy it more.

And since you have no respect for me, I have no respect for you either.
    ADDON: Notice the words I see ? they mean when I come across it, just incase you wanted to twist it like you love doing.

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    / Moderator Baldrick

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,

16. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    JohnnyCnote and sefy: Continue this PRIVATE.