VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I remember reading that direct sunlight is bad for DVDRs. I am assuming this is true. I recieved my blank DVDRs in a large spindle in a clear cylinder. Therefore, sunlight can come through the sides of the clyinder and shine on to the sides of the DVDRs. Is this bad? Should I keep my spindles in a dark place? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Guest
    Originally Posted by 888888
    I remember reading that direct sunlight is bad for DVDRs. .

I thought this was more of a heat factor rather than UV. UV is pretty good at degrading pigments/dyes however. So, disregard this and take your spindle off of the window sill :P
    Quote Quote  
  3. I bought a couple spindles of Phillips DVD+Rs and it said keep out of direct sunlight on the package.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by trossin
    I bought a couple spindles of Phillips DVD+Rs and it said keep out of direct sunlight on the package.
    So even the little bit of sunlight that gets through the millimeters thick sides of the DVDRs is bad. Interesting. From now on, I will keep my blank DVDRs and CDRs in the shade. Anyone have any first hand experience of sunlight ruining their DVDRs?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Guest
    Originally Posted by 888888
    Originally Posted by trossin
    I bought a couple spindles of Phillips DVD+Rs and it said keep out of direct sunlight on the package.
    So even the little bit of sunlight that gets through the millimeters thick sides of the DVDRs is bad. Interesting. From now on, I will keep my blank DVDRs and CDRs in the shade. Anyone have any first hand experience of sunlight ruining their DVDRs?
    My girlfriend opened my office shade allowing a bunch off my dvds to get a nice dose of afternoon sun. I may,but hope not to have some first hand experience.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you think it's worth getting some sun protection for my spindles? I was thinking maybe keep em under a baseball hat or in a cake box.
    Quote Quote