VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. if i connect an external source (ie, cassette player) to a stand-alone dvd recorder, will i be able to capture the audio and record them onto a cd-r instead of using a dvd-r/rw or dvd+r/rw? thanks..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, it's a DVD recorder.
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  3. So there arent any that can record to vcd or minidvd either?
    Quote Quote  
  4. so that means if i want to connect an external audio source to record onto cd, i must use a standalone cd recorder?
    Quote Quote  
  5. at least for the panny line, it only records to dvdr or dvd ram. Suggest recording to dvd ram and then transferring to pc OR just do it through the pc to begin with (if you have one).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    3390 -- That is correct; you will have to use a standalone CD recorder for the task.

Set-top DVD recorders are not designed to be a general all-purpose, all-format device like a computer drive is; they're made solely to record DVD's straight from an incoming video feed, and to work as much like a VCR as possible so as not to overly confuse the "average" consumer. If you want to do anything specialized, like VCD or miniDVD (which is not a standard format by any means, BTW), then you'll have to do it on a PC with an appropriate DVD-R or CD-R drive.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Lite-on lvw-5005 can do cd recording.
    Quote Quote