VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Dell Laptop which has a PCI SLot that I currently use for my wireless internet connection. I want to transfer footage from my JVC GRD33US to my laptop, so I was wondering if I used one of these http://www.firewire-1394.com/orangelink-firewire-800-cardbus.htm (doesn't have to be that exact model) would I be able to transfer the footage? Is there anything else I would need? If it helps the laptop has a Celeron 1.3, 512mb memory and a 40 gig hard drive. I did a search but couldn't find anything, sorry if this has been asked before.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use a inexpensive Addonics cardbus Firewire card with my laptop and it works fine. That model you refer to looks to be a Firewire 800, a 400 will work just fine. I have used a ADVC-100 for DV input with no problems. Just remember that DV takes up a lot of space on a smaller laptop drive, so plan accordingly. Oh, and you do need a cable from the card to the camera. My card has the standard 6 pin sockets.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Isn't it something like 40gig for an hour of footage?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote