VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

Can any body advise me on the above - is it possible to capture from camera (DV) to AVI or MPEG1 and get Scene information - with some programs it just brings in the whole tape as one Scene.

Thanks in anticipation

New to this game!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I couldn't get scene information. I had to do editting in to put the date and time in each scene. Really tedious imo. If someone knows a way, please let us know!

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Microsoft Movie Maker 2 to capture my DV movies and it automatically divides them up into scenes.

You'll need to use a program called DVtimestamp if you want the time/date on your movies, though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I really could not understand what do u mean by 'scene information', do you want to say that each clip on your cam should be captured as a different file ?

If this is what u r looking for u can try windv or scenalyzerLive. Here u can specify the time limit, any discontinuty(in time) in the captured video with time greater than what u specy will be captured to a different file.

Saurabh
    Hard work never killed anybody,
    But why take the RISK
    Quote Quote