VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I try to rip a DVD with my Win TV Tv card. I don't have an internal DVD player in my computer. So I use a normal DVD player. I can capture the DVD for example with Virtual Dub. But I don't get a sharp picture as u are used to by DVD rips... I have almost all codecs. Which one should I use and which settings to get the best quality? What do u do about dropped frames?
    Quote Quote  
  2. this is how I was doing my DVD "rips" for a long time.. (even before those dvd ripping program like DeCSS,smartripper etc.. came along ) and I still do that today (maybe I"m too stupid to use those DVD true ripping guides)

It works best with a standard (non widescreen) format. I I don't recommend the WINTV for capturing. (I have that card too)

my "rips" are done to a MPEG1 encoder (SNAZZI card) I use to just play the DVD movie on a different computer with a HollyWood PLus and capture the movie to VCD format then burn to CD. quality wise it's pretty good.

Now since 3 weeks ago when i discover VCDHELP.com and DivX my dvd "rips" is even better...
    I capture to high bitrate MPEG1 then convert it to DIvX.
    now I have Video in VCD resolution in better quality than VCD with smaller filesize.

The great thing is the movie fits in 1 CD instead of 2 or 3 like MPEG1.. the only down side is I can't play it on my DVD player

Quote Quote