VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Before Going To See A Movie...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I Like To See A Trailer

I base by decision on what the trailer looks like.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    whatever movie the hot chick wants to see, anything else doesnt matter
    Quote Quote  
  3. Gimmicks don't usually work for me 8)

I'll watch a movie for various reasons... what works best for me is knowing the subject matter beforehand and who's in it or part of the production (those are key things that'll tell me ahead of time if I'd be interested or not)
    Or knowing if it's made by a major production company or an indie or foreign film.

- I Don't Really Like To See A Trailer, 'cause Trailers tend to give too much away and can ruin the movie going experience, however, some trailers are helpful...but I'd rather see the movie before seeing the trailer
    for it.
    A Still or a few stills or poster/box artwork is better for me.

- I only like to hear/read Reviews afterwards
    That someone else liked or didn't a movie doesn't make me want to see it any more or less.
    Either way tends to ruin the movie.

If a friend or someone who knows my tastes recommends something, then I'll look more into it.

- I Only Like To Read The Script if I get offered a part in the movie or I get to be part of the production in some way

-I Like Surprises, so tgpo, ya teasing me beforehand with your gratuitous Butt scene isn't gonna win me over (I can always find the shot online somewhere anyway) :P

Of course, when I see something I like, I try every possible way to do whatever it takes to get others to see it 8)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...this poll didn't last very long
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I chose the last option. The first time it happened to me, I was blinded for hours. The horror. The Horror.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't see the option:
    "roll a big fatty for the ride there" 8)

makntraks
    Quote Quote