VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've tried a number of time to burn captured video to a DVD with Studio 9 and each time it hangs at the "Writing lead out" phase. I've left it for hours and the burn never completes. When I click cancel, Studio 9 reports that the burn is at a stage that cannot be cancelled and says my cancel request has been queued. I have to kill the application to get out of this state.

Afterward when I inspect the DVD it appears to play okay on my PC but two different DVD players I tried would not play the DVD. One sat there forever saying "loading" and another said it didn't recognize the disk format.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem here? Note that I was able to successfully burn a DVD with Studio 8 and so I could probably go back to that version but I would like to try to solve the problem with Studio 9 first. Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What DVD burner are you using? I noticed on my plextor that there was a firmware upgrade to fix that exact problem, but when using Nero. If you have always had this problem with that program (not one successful burn) then try to look for a firmware upgrade that may resolve issues like this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to go see what's available in the way of upgrades for my burner. Curious that Studio 8 didn't have this problem though...
    Quote Quote