VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have very recently started encoding avi to DVD (just got a burner!!) - extreme newbie so using easy to use programmes - AVI2DVD (with TMPGEnc Plus) and TMPGEnc DVD Author. Had done about 3 and everything was going well. However just tried to do one last night and the audio is well out of synch. I am changing NTSC to PAL but AVI2DVD does all this for me (I believe it is using beSweet for the audio). What can I do.

Please help
    Quote Quote  
  2. open up the file in virtualdub mod and see if the audio is the same length as the video. Sometimes people make videos with offsets (like the sound will start .5 seconds after the video). Chances are when you're encoding them again it's throwing the sound right at the beginning and it'll be off (ahead).

If it's behind the audio may be too short and then stretched.

I've found that the best thing to do with a very problematic file is to strip the audio out into a pure wav file (all 10 megs per minute wav, not mpg3 with a wav header) and save the file as a new avi with the wav as its audio source. You should be able to determine where the audio went wrong and correct it with a wav editor by adding silence, taking away silence, or stretching it.
    Quote Quote