VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Well, incase anyone is interested, i'm back! a bit limited in Internet Connection, but i'm back, give me a little time to handle all the emails, there have been over 180 of them in less then a week, so it will take me some time to finish answering all of them, but atleast now I can say that I will answer them
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  2. good to have you back.

Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks! i'm glad to be back! and hope i'll still be helpful!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  4. Guest
    Glad to see ya back and kicking around...wish I could say the same about myself, been working too many hours to count. Gads...oh well, soon I will have a life again! Later!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Geez, what a post.....

I've been a member here for some time now, but never noticed this post. i've been reading it from start to end now.... took me about 2-3 hour ! But it was worth it.

I just wanna say it's great there is still a place where people actually help each other. And i think everbody (aspecially Sefy) is doing a great job !

Keep up the good work folks.

Greetz,

pSyChO dAd

The difference between genius and insanity is only measured by success !
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks Fuzzlewhumper! it's good to be back yet again
    And also to you Psycho_Dad_Rules! I'll try to do my best to keep the good work

As a side note, I get alot of emails regarding the guide and why it doesn't take some of you the same amount of time it took me, and i've noticed the most common mistake is, that some of you tend to do Save AVI instead of Save Project, please make sure you follow the guide AS IS, make sure what you do matches what the Guide says!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  7. For those who want to buy a new PC which will be under 1000$ and give them everything they need, a basic power PC, here are complete details (all prices are U$D taken from PriceWatch):

AMD Basic System
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Board: EPoX 8KTA3 SocketA - $80
    CPU: AMD Thunderbird 1000/266 - $78
    FAN: AMD CPU FAN / Cooler Master - $1
    RAM: PC133 512mb SDRAM - $35
    DVD: Pioneer 106s 16x/40x - $59
    HDD: WDC 80.0gb 7200/UDMA100 - $268
    Floppy: Teac 1.44mb - $8
    VGA: nVidia GeForce2 MX200 32MB 4X AGP -$47
    Sound: Creative SB Live! 5.1 DE - 49$
    Modem: Conexant 56k PCI v.92 - $21
    Case: ATX Midi Tower 400w - $30
    Monitor: Philips Brilliance 19" - $239
    Keyboard+Mouse: Microsoft Internet Package - $30
    Total Cost System: $945

Of course some of you might want a cheaper Monitor or cheaper HDD then the one I selected, so here are the cheapest products i've found:
    Seagate 80gb 5400/UDMA100 - 227$
    Elements 19" Monitor .25dpi - 168$

So a Total Cost with these cheaper products would be: $833!!
    I Want to see people building the same thing and just replace the board and CPU to Intel P3 and get the same price and same features as the above AMD system, which will also be upgradable to any 266mhz CPU, (Pentium 3 1000 = $172 / Intel i820 Mainboard = $33, which will get you a total of 880$/992$, which is 47$ more then the AMD systems).

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Experiment.

Take a small, 1 or 2 minute movie and a CD-RW

Change the settings around and see what you get.

U might also try going to the DVD player compatibility list.

http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php

It will tell what ur DVD player supports and if it does handee XVCD, the maximum bitrate
    Quote Quote  
  9. Well, don't know if this interests anyone, but I have just finished updating the DVD Conversion Guide to v1.2, and it includes completly updated guide, with new images, and even more detailed then before.
    the entire new guide was made with the latest versions of the programs so the screen shots should match what you now use, for those who want a ZIP file (730k) of the entire guide, feel free to email me, it will be posted on VCDhelp, replacing the "old" guide any day now )

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  10. how many more posts before this thread catches on fire¿
    r@yjr13 ¦-< what you lookin at¿ :o

¡Now selling audioly and visually challenged coasters, frisbees, and vanity mirrors!
    Quote Quote  
  11. burn baby burn

cds i mean heh heh
    F1!! F1!! F1!!!
    Quote Quote  
  12. When people tell me they want this topic closed, i'll ask Baldrick to close it, for now, I use it to post new information whenever I can.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AntnyMD on 2001-08-09 11:46:49 ]</font>
    Quote Quote  
  14. For those who are interested in getting their hands on my updated Templates (including 2 Enhanced VideoCD Templates) and the updated Guide, feel free to access my Yahoo Drive at:

http://y42.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/sefy_levy/lst?.dir=/VideoCD&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//y...c=bc%26.view=l

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  15. I would like to approach all those who emailed me complaining why I don't answer their posts, firstly I would like to apologise to them, I am only one person, and I try to go all over the forum and answer as many posts as I can to the best of my knowledge, I usually go to the messages that i've participated in the past, and then to those that my name was specificly mentioned in the title, and then to those that no one else replied, and if possible to those that according to the title I think i'm able to help, doing this on ALL the forum takes a long time and it's not very easy to accomplish, and sometimes i'm unable to go through the whole forum, so I do apologise if I have missed some posts who specificly requested my assistance in the topic message, in order for me to help you more, please either send me a private message with the link to the topic so I won't need to start searching for it, or send me an email with the link of the topic, and I will do my best to assist you, and again, if I had missed a few posts i'm terribly sorry, and I will do my best to go over as many as I can, please bear with me.

I'd like to note that in 2 days would be my 9 month since i've joined VCDhelp as a Junior creating the format SxVCD, i've had over 3100 posts, and of course this long running topic which exists from day one of my joining.

I am glad to have been of any assistance to any of you, and i'm sorry if I was not able to help some of you, and I wish you all a great VCDhelp day

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hello There,
    As you all propably know there is a hot new All-In-One solution out there called DVDx, so for all those wanting to try it out, here is the official homepage and it includes a much better guide then the one I wrote.

http://www.inet.hr/%7Emirebic/dvdx-guide/Index.htm

You will also need to use WinRAR to extract it (or WinAce) so download it through here:
    http://www.rarsoft.com

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  17. Why can't I extract this .RAR file??? It tells me "the archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

Any advise? Just got a new DVD ROM and I'm wanting to try this out!

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  18. sbetz, notice that is why I wrote you will need WinRAR, please download it from http://www.rarsoft.com in order for you to open those RAR file types.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  19. Yes... I did notice that. I am using WinRAR to extract these files and it does not recognize it. Has anyone downloaded this file recently to see if it may be corrupted? I downloaded it several times so I don't think it is me...

Quote Quote  
  20. sbetz, just to see if you are right and the archive is defective, i've downloaded the DVDx.RAR again, and my WinRAR opens it smoothy, if you like, I can email you a ZIP version of DVDx v1.2 as it is a very small file (around 500k), let me know by email.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  21. unpacked fine for me. What version is this one? You siad v 1.2 is 500KB, this was like 700KB. If older, wheres the newer 1.2 at?
    Quote Quote  
  22. I said around 500k, I didn't remember the exact size, it could have been 700k, but I was also refering to a zip file, not RAR.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, Sefy!
    Tell me please, 700 mb disc with ~800 mb mpeg data play OK
    on most SVCD "hardware" players? And what exactly the max.
    mpeg file size to fit on 702 mb CD-R?
    If i decrease horizontal rezolution in movie to 320 pixels
    (instead 480) to reduce compression artefacts, this SVCD would be play on SVCD or DVD players? This is departure from SVCD standart. On Hollywood+ this file play normal.
    All regards, User10h
    Quote Quote  
  24. You should have no problems playing any 80min CDR on DVD/SVCD hardware players, i've also managed to play upto 95min CDR media on my Pioneer and Akai DVD Players.

The Maximum file size for a 80min CDR is around 796mb, considering you need to save a few mb's for the rest of the data.

If you make the SVCD non-standard, it might not play on all DVD Players, and most propably will not play at all on any SVCD Players.

The PC can handle those non-standard files, but an SVCD Player is not designed for those cases.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  25. well, actually, 352x480 is widely supported (id say like 90% of all svcd players can play it) and that reduces file size a bit.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Are you sure about that ? if you had said 480x240, it would have sounded a bit more "in standard" to me, I could be wrong here, so don't take what I say as is, but doing 352x480 is a big twist for a SVCD Only player to accept, sounds too fishy for me.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Hello!
    Well, i will made the standart compliant SVCD, but may i use GOP like 30/5 (IBBBBpBBBBpBBBBpBBBBpBBBBpBBBB) instead classical 15/3 (IBBpBBpBBpBBpBB)? It`s increase quality or reduce file size... Or there are limitations about GOP size in SVCD/DVD content for playing?
    (Real Magic Holliwood+ correct play this files (and files with more longer GOP), but on Hollywood+ set 2 Mb SDRAM...)
    Quote Quote  
  28. User10h, i'm afraid i'm not familiar with the GOP, and hopefully someone that knows more about it will kindly tell us exactly what it is supposed to do.

For Other news: I've updated my SeVCD and SxVCD Templates, they are not on VCDhelp yet, so anyone who wants it just feel free to email me, the list of changes are included in the text file, but basicly i've followed ShiZZZoN guide and his latest Template, and updated mine accordingly, so hopefully you will get higher quality from my Templates, so all thanks goes to ShiZZZoN!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  29. FULL MOVIE ON ONE CDR DISC!!!

Hey guys ..I found double sided cdr's ,check this out.
    they are only available In black and color dyes , but they are superior quality . I have not burned any vcd's on them so I dont know if they will work in every player. Try a sample pack first.

buy them here:
    http://www.genesysdtp.com/
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if you would hav read further you would have found out that it is the same color on both sides not 2 80min cd's in one.
    Quote Quote