VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. I don't get it, it says Double Sided, but it's only 700mb ? I thought with Double Sided, each side will be 700mb for a total of 1.4gb, now that would be impressive
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  2. To all those it may concern:

I've finished v1.3 of the guide I wrote, this time it's an All In One guide, so it includes alot more then any of my previous guides, and it covers alot more programs, such as:

Ahead Nero Burning-ROM = http://www.ahead.de/en/download.htm
    CladDVD v2.0 = http://clonead.cjb.net/
    DVD2AVI v1.76 = http://hiroko.ee.ntu.edu.tw/
    DVDx v1.3 = http://www.inet.hr/~mirebic/dvdx.html
    DVD Decryptor v3.0 = http://www.flexion.org/dvddecrypter/
    DVD Master 2001 v1.4.1 = http://www.anti-mpaa.f2s.com/winripper.htm
    FlaskMPEG v0.6 = http://www.flaskmpeg.net/index.php?page=down
    GoldenHawk CDRWin v4.0A = http://www.goldenhawk.com/download_body.htm
    Sector Extractor v1.2 = http://www.flexion.org
    Smart Ripper v2.34 = http://www.anti-mpaa.f2s.com/winripper.htm
    TMPGEnc/VFAPI 12j = http://www.tmpgenc.com/e_enq.html
    VCDImager+GUI = http://www.vcdhelp.com/vcdtools.htm

I've also did my first shot at HTML using good old Netscape Composer, so poor Baldrick won't have to re-do all my WordPad files, i've also made the Guide much easier and faster to load, since before all the images really slowed it down, now it's divided to sections, so you are only loading each section at a time, so it will speed up the transfer.

All those who want to test it before it is available on VCDhelp, and let me know if there are any problems (since it is basicly my first HTML!) please email me, the guide will only be available on VCDhelp after Baldrick has reviewed it.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don;t know if anyone else brought this up yet, Just noted something on your "readme" that comes along with your newest "updated" template pack.

You said here:

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>Only ONE burning software that I know of, and that's the fabulous
    Nero Burning Rom (v5.0xx and 5.5xx which support SuperVideoCD) and
    all you need to do is Select the VideoCD* from the menus and turn
    OFF the Standard Compliancy Check.

* = SeVCD DOES NOT WORK WHEN BURNED AS A STANDARD VIDEOCD!!!!!</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

On the contrary. If you turn the compliancy OFF on your SeVCD movie (MPEG-1), it won't burn! You MUST leave it on for SeVCD, but must leave compliancy OFF for SxVCD (MPEG-2).

Also, a suggestion. On the SVCD templates, I would not have "3:2" pulldown locked into the template code (how do you lock settings, anyway?)...

I tried doing a film with this setting, and for some reason it doesn't take with TMPGEnc. I find I either have to encode to 29.97 directly, or I have to drag over pulldown.exe (which works every time).

I know how to unlock it, but it's still a pain (then I have to find out whether to select interlace or not) that'd be a better default to pop up on the first page there...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Forgive me, Sefy, if I'm incorrect, and there is something about the "new" template that flags NERO now, but this is how the other set worked...

looking forward to using it!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hmm... so you want me to leave the Interlaced/Non-Interlaced setttings unlocked ? no problem, i'll have it ready for you
    as for the readme, SeVCD is not a standard as you propably know, it can be burned with the Compliancy Check on, but Nero might not always like that, so I just mentioned in advance that it should be burned with that settings off just in case.

If you can't wait for the updated Templates, open it with Notepad, and find the:
    "MPEG.Video.VideoEncodeMode_ReadOnly = True"
    and change the True into False
    But as far as I know, the reason it's locked isn't because of me, it's because of the MPEG1 compression being used, only in MPEG2 (SxVCD) you can play around with that.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi There everyone, the new and latest guide has just been posted, I think all newbie's should find it very easy to use, even easier then any of the other Guide's i've done in the past, it is a complete walkthrough from step one to end!

You can find the guide in this location below:
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/DVDConversionGuidev1.3/dvdtovcd.htm

Lastly, i've read all over the forum about problems with the new SeVCD/SxVCD Templates and i'm really sorry it caused some of you so much problems, I will restore and post the older Templates again, and as per request I will also unlock some of the settings so you can do your own changes.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Like Psycho_Dad_Rules, it took me at least 3 Hours to read this Thread from the Beginning to End, very informative and impressive contribution from Sefy.

With the Time it takes to read this Thread at its Current Size, and with its Misleading Title with regard to the Subject / s, can I suggest a New Thread, possibly Titled Sefy’s Brain Part 1.

Please keep-up the Good Work Sefy!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hey,

I was just curious, what is the record for the most answers to a post?

Thanks

Matthew
    Quote Quote  
  9. If you open a thread on my brain you'll put me and everyone who reads it in the looney bin

I didn't know there was a competition, i'm quite sure there are shorter posts with more answers then this one

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  10. I hope the new guide is approved by you users, and that it is easier then the previous guides, today I will start working on an addon to the guide on something i've never tried before, so If I succed, i'm quite sure everyone else will as well, i'm going to write a guide for chaptering, as this will be my totaly first time in creating a VCD with chapters, I would appriciate any comments or DO's and DON'T DO's and what programs are most used, the more I know, the better the guide will be for everyone, so i'm waiting for your posts!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  11. I know this is not relevent to anything here, but i'd like to offer my condulances and to tell the US that all of Israel is in a mourning day for the terrible tragedy that occoured, and as you all know, Israel has been suffering from Arab Terrorism all the time, so we know how they feel, even if it's not on the same scale, the loss of family, of people, of innocent civilizans is the most hurrible of all terrorism attacks.

Please accept my condulances for your hurrible losses.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  12. <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-09-03 23:01:30, Sefy wrote:
    I hope the new guide is approved by you users, and that it is easier then the previous guides, today I will start working on an addon to the guide on something i've never tried before, so If I succed, i'm quite sure everyone else will as well, i'm going to write a guide for chaptering, as this will be my totaly first time in creating a VCD with chapters, I would appriciate any comments or DO's and DON'T DO's and what programs are most used, the more I know, the better the guide will be for everyone, so i'm waiting for your posts!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR></TABLE>

This is in relation to VCDImager, but the principles hold true for all VCD Authoring proggies...

If you use entrypoints to create chapters, use a <selection> for each chapter rather than a <playlist>.

For the <loop> "jump-timing" setting, make sure that it is set to "immediate" rather than "delayed".

A <timeout> reference MUST be defined.

Your MPEG sequence MUST have regular MPEG Sequence Headers.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks vitualis!, and maybe you can tell me, i've read alot that people take an MPEG file that was created with TMPGEnc then they demuplex it, and then they multiplex it back with bbMPEG, why ?? i've created "The Corrs" music DVD into a CD and it worked flawlessly with VCDImager+TSCV entrypoints, why do people keep doing that ?

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGenc does not produce svcd compliant mpgs. It does not add svcd scan offsets which can result is syncing problems on many if not most dvd players. There are probably other non-compliant things about it also.

That (s)vcd you made might play ok on your dvd player but chances are it wont play correctly on all dvd players.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Actually that was a VCD, it played flawlessly on several DVD Player, sure it won't play on all of them, but then again, we get that problem with just about everything.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGenc may produce vcd compliant mpgs, but it definitely does not produce svcd compliant mpgs. I wouldnt bother remuxing in bbmpeg for mpeg1 files, its just mpeg2 that need it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. If it's MPEG2 is so bad, how is it that Nero and every other program seems to accept it ?

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  18. I Would like to apologise to anyone on this forum in my words, although I do not take anything back from what i've said on Arabs, it is not relevent to all Arabs, but it does represent most of them, but I have said some hurtful things on the Americans which i've said in anger, and I want to apologise to you all, I just hope that you can see my point of view from living with Terror for 25 years, but again, I apologise, with all my heart, and I apologise sincerly, to all americans.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2001-09-13 06:09:29, Sefy wrote:
    If it's MPEG2 is so bad, how is it that Nero and every other program seems to accept it ?

Well you should definitely not be judging the compliancy of your mpgs with burning programs, especially not Nero. I do believe that there are a number of compliancy issues with TMPGenc but the main problem is that it does not add svcd scan offsets. This does not make the mpeg non-compliant so any burning program should still accept it BUT lack of svcd scan offsets causes numerous problems on most dvd players.

Most dvd players use the scan offsets to maintain sync throughout the movie including whenever playback is interrupted ie: ff, rw, pause. Without the scan offsets desync is caused in most cases.

Bottom line, always mux in bbmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  20. How about the muxing abilities of I-Author Deluxe ? or should I not be trusting it either ? cause bbMPEG is rather pathetic and extremly slow as far as i've seen compared to just about any other encoding/multiplexing program, or maybe MPEG2VCR v3.11 ? is it's muxing abilities also bad ? basicly i'm looking at an alternative for bbMPEG.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I-Author's multiplexor is buggy but does do a very good job. It has a problem with svcds that have a playtime of longer than ~40 mins. After that time you start getting desync. Not to mention that if you use it then you are forced into using I-Author to author the disk, not that that is necessarily a bad thing.

Mpeg2vcr does seem very fast at multiplexing but I always got sync issues with mpeg2 files. Its good for mpeg1 but I won't let it go near my mpeg2 files.

I'm curious what you find bad about bbmpeg. Other than mpeg2vcr its by far the fastest multiplexor I've every used and offers all the needed tweaks you need to fine tune your svcd to play on your dvd player. As an encoder its terrible just because its so ridiculously slow but I don't know anyone who actually encodes with it. As a muxer, splitter etc bbmpeg is by far the best program available in my opinion. Ultimately use whatever works for you but be warned, if you mux mpeg2 in any program other than bbmpeg then there is a VERY good chance that your svcds will have sync problems on many dvd players.
    Quote Quote  
  22. The reason i don't like bbMPEG is cause of the encoding, as i've mentioned it is pathetic compared to just about any other encoder, so I thought it's muxing abilities are the same as the encoding, I have not tried it yet with muxing.

So comparingly, not in quality, cause that is in the eye of the beholder, how is the speed of it ? compared to all the big guns out there.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Bbmpeg actually is a very nice encoder, quality wise. But the terribly slow encoding time makes it pretty worthless since TMPGenc and cce both beat it in quality and speed. But like I said, I dont know anyone who actually encodes with it, yet almost everyone I know muxes with it.

As a multiplexor, splitter, etc.. bbmpeg is by far the best. It is completely compliant and offers many more options than any other similar program. It also lets you cut by time or to the MB which is ideal for completely filling the cdr to maximize quality. As far as speed, it beats TMPGenc but not mpeg2vcr but I think mpeg2vcr has alot of compliancy bugs. I-Author's multiplexor might be faster than bbmpeg also but its so buggy you really should never use it. Now this is for mpeg2 however. Personally I think the multiplexor you use for mpeg1 is irrelavant since they all seem compliant as far as I can tell and muxing/demuxing mpeg1 is so fast anyway it doesnt matter.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I have to agree with the adam's sentiments.

I don't use bbMPEG to encode with either but I do use it to MUX my MPEG-2 files.

As for demuxing TMPGEnc encoded MPEG-1 and remuxing it with bbMPEG, I don't really understand the logic of it either. I think that TMPGEnc muxes MPEG-1 just fine for VCD compliance. In fact, I USE TMPGEnc to mux my MPEG-1 (after demuxing my Panasonic encoded stream). I use TMPGEnc over bbMPEG for this task simply out of habit rather than any other reason.

There may (completely speculative) be a first round muxing problem with TMPGEnc encoded video -- but if this were the case, a remux with either TMPGEnc or bbMPEG should fix it.

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  25. Thanks for all that information guys, it's taken into account and very much appriciated!

as a side note, those who are willing to suffer slow connection and a Work In Progress can see the update of the guide on my homepage untill I get it updated and work out all the bugs and then it will be on VCDhelp, but please note, it's on my home PC, using a 56k modem, so it's not just slow for you, it's slow for me too, and the guide could be updated while you are on it, so you might have problems, heck, I might even get disconnected in the middle

http://www.sefy.dns2go.com/

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  26. I'd like to apologise again for not being on the forum and all those sending me emails, i've been working the past week on my OS/2 system and I was not online at all (which is also why if you tried login to the webpage you couldnt) I haven't worked on the guide, and you can all see that TSCV is coming out with new versions each day, so it's hard for me to keep up with it.

On top of all that, my Windows went berzerk (that's why i'm using OS/2 now) I can't play any MPG files, 3 90min CDR's I burned won't even play on my DVD Standalone for some reason, so it will be awhile till I get back on the horse and finish the guide, again, my apologies!.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  27. For everyone that is looking at buying a new CD-ReWriter, i've made a whole list of them from 12x to 24x, including features and links to pages, i've sent my HTML to Baldrick, but in case he doesn't feel it belongs in VCDhelp, you can check it in the meantime on my webpage:

http://www.sefy.dns2go.com/cdrewriter.html

I Hope it helps some of you.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    <TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR size=1 color=black></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
    On 2000-11-22 07:28:00, chinaeyes wrote:
    Hello Sefy my friend, I found your message
    interesting... You give me a hint on that.
    But this was my problem, actually its very
    simple but Im hoping I could get a better
    and fast solution for this.
    How can I fit on an ordinary blank CD Recordable (74 mins/650MB) the Batman Movie
    Disk 1 which is 710MB in size? Is there any
    compression software for that? Im currently
    using an Adaptec Easy Cd Creator as my burner. When I try to copy it CD to CD, it
    got an error buffer run which cannot accomodate the big size of the orignal CD.
    Please email me my friend for some tips.
    or if anyone can help me on this.. thanks.
    My email address is chinaeyes@lgn.csi.com.ph
    I had the same problem, and started using Nero and the world is now a better place. There is a bug in EZ Creator that reads the file size wrong, like Sefy said use Nero.
    Quote Quote  
  29. To all who are interested:

Baldrick has posted the CD-ReWriters on VCDhelp, it is under the OTHER - Comparison section, and in order not to drive Baldrick crazy with updates, you can always check my page for regular
    updates (as much as I can), the link here is:

http://www.vcdhelp.com/cdrewriterscomparison.htm

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  30. A Couple of Updates:

1) Anyone who has any information i'm not aware of regarding the CDRW drives, please let me know so I can update and eventually send an update to Baldrick, I only did it cause you guys requested it.
    2) I've noticed alot of people prefer the older guide (1.2) then the all-in-one guide (1.3), if you prefer I stop work on the newer guide and maintain only the older guide, please let me know, so I won't put an effort into something no one uses.

As this topic have outlived itself (380 replies and over 30,000 viewers), I believe it is time to put it to rest, so if no one posts here anything, my next message will close the topic.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote