VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just put together my first home vid, but when I burn it to VCD (see below), about 1/5th through the film audio suddenly lags video by about 10 secs. This lag remains the same for the rest of the film. Also, the last 10 minutes of the film is a sequence of 62 stills, of which the last 5 or so do not appear (the subtitles do). Finally, all the stills were set for 8 sec display, but in playback some stay up shorter. Editing was done with Movie Maker 2 and set-up and burning through MyDVD. When I preview the film via MyDVD just before burning everything looks OK. It is only after burn that things go awry. I have tried twice, using both internal and extrenal burners (Sony 510). Result is exactlky the same. By the way, it is burned on VCD because file size is below 700mb and MyDVD wont allow me to use DVD. I understand this is a common problem, can it be resilved without complex use of additional software?

thanks guys
    Quote Quote  
  2. I use the Sonic My DVD software some and I have found that there is a audio and video sync capture problem when capturing mpeg files longer than abput 15 to 20 mins. So you may want to capture this time length if you plan to edit or add effects. If all you are wanting to do is capture straight to dvd, choose that option when the wizard opens. You can then opt to save to dvd or save to hard drive. This option will generate the "vob" files on your hard drive, which if you so choose you can do simple yet effective cutting or joining of videos with TMPGEND DVD Arthur. I have captured movies in excess of 2 hours straight to my hard drive as "vob" files without any audio and video sync problems.

I helps this helps.
    Quote Quote