VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Someone please help me with this! It's driving me crazy...

*Read further below in case you have an answer to my overall problem:

I need the ability to brighten short sections or individual frames of a larger video file without have to split it into two files or brighten the whole movie/file. Ideally, I want to select the few seconds/frames that need to be brightened or color corrected - so that the program just changes that given section and leaves the rest of the video alone. What does this? In TMPGenc - it seems you can only brighten the entire movie and not sections...is there a way to do it though?!

Alternatively - I just need to know what program will allow me to quickly edit short sections of an entire video to do such things as add a picture or words to those parts. For example, maybe adding a small logo or batch of words to the corner of the shown video. Even if it were grainy - that would be fine. I don't want to have to reconvert or do some big project like I would with say the overlay function of Ulead VideoStudio. Is this possible?

Basically what I want to be able to do in general is - change parts of my video file where it fades to black so there is never a section of the video that has a completely black clip at anytime. If there are other ways to do this than what I've asked about above - please let me know. See the reason below.

*I have Sonic MyDVD and usually it works or burns great but for some reason now when I try to import a video file from my hard drive into the MyDVD menu - it imports it but at any point that the video fades entirely black (to show only black on the screen) - it stops reading the rest of the movie/file. Therefore when I burn - the video only works perfectly up to a point (points if I've split the file several times to adjust for the problem) where the movie fades to black (from there it stops because MyDVD never recognized there was more movie after "the black" in the first place). It's very annoying. I've called their Customer Service but they just sympathized and said they had no idea what was causing it. Any ideas on how to address this problem with Sonic MyDVD directly? So I don't have to go through the above hassle...The program worked great for me for a long while but now only within recent months has the problem seemed to have arrived to stay.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What type of file is your source video.

It sounds like something you could do with Avisynth, I'm not an expert though.
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa
    Quote Quote  
  3. In general, I'm referring to DVD author compliant (for burn) MPEG 2 files that I've converted to DVD NTSC with TMPGEnc or some such program.

I'd also like to know how to do it with typical AVI files, etc so that (if necessary) I could make the changes and then convert to MPEG 2 with TMPGEnc later...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Anybody know any solutions to the larger problem?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sure. Video Studio would be my choice. I would load the video, "split" where the questionable video begins, the "split" it where it ends. This separates the dark video rest of the video. Add a filter (brighten) to the questionable clip. Save and burn.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you want to use AviSynth the following script is an example of brightening frames 100 to 199. This works for either mpg or avi sources. You will need to check the Avisynth website if you want more details. Also you will probably have to run your mpg through Virtualdubmod in edit mode to find the actual frame numbers you want to work with (remembering that Avisynth Frames numbers start at 0).

#AVI source
    #Videoin=Avisource("D:\Capture 1\my.avi").LanczosResize(720,576)
    #MPG source
    videoin=directshowsource("D:\Capture 1\my.mpg").LanczosResize(720,576)
    vid1=trim(videoin,0,100)#Frames 1 to 99 - no change
    vid2=trim(videoin,101,200).Tweak(0.0,1.0,100)#Fram es 100 to 199 brighten by a factor of 100 (-255 to 255 limits)
    vid3=trim(videoin,201,0)#Frames 200 to file end - no change
    videout=vid1+vid2+vid3
    return videout
    Quote Quote