VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what is the approach to restoring VHS NTSC video tapes? after I capture it to MPEG (or should it be AVI?), should I apply a few filters in TMPGEnc or something? Which filters would be helpful?

what method or direction should I experiment with, in restoring these tapes?

Thanks for any pointers you can help me with!
    pcexpress-guy
    Quote Quote  
  2. I would suggest reading the following thread. It has lots of pointers as well as filters and settings to try.
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=211936&start=0
    No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Additionally, you could try Ulead MediaStudio Pro v.7. It has a trial version. It includes features for restoring both video and audio. I am certain that the audio features will be no match for CoolEdit PRO, but hope to make use of the video restoration features. I am also downloading a trial at the moment.

Tmpgenc "could" restore colours and soften the video in some cases, however the speed of the Tmpgenc filters is just impossible to wait.
    The more I learn, the more I come to realize how little it is I know.
    Quote Quote