VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 88
Thread
  1. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Search Comp PM
    can i copy my netflix dvd to a cd without encoding?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by FulciLives
    I like the posts that go like this, "I heard DVD+R is better because it is a PLUS format. So why do so many people seem to prefer that MINUS format?"



    - John "FulciLives" Coleman
    Because PLUS is always better than NEGATIVE.... especially concerning my checking account!

    makntraks
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by HAMP
    petar Wrote:
    Just by putting a movie on a DL disc is enough for the averageuser not to be able to copy it.
    Now, with the DL burners coming out they should be more worried. Even sikki_nixx will be able to copy them.
    I think you are giving this guy more credit then he deserves, remember he is trying to cram 6.5 gig into 4.38 gig disk and he is confused.


    (And how the hack was it possible to store 6.50gb on the disc in the first place...?)

    I'm confused....
    This is below average thinking, he is a customer service rep. headache or could be a reps. relief call, you know something to talk about for a loooooooong time and laugh about!!!

    Is that anything like trying to put a square peg into a round hole?


    **** CUSTOMER SERVICE NOTES *****

    This person should not be anywhere near a computer!!!!!

    Remove computer from home ASAP!!!
    Becareful he might start posting that his cup holder is broken

    makntraks
    Quote Quote  
  4. It was my understanding that this was a help site, not a personal forum to deride people in need of some help. You say go read, well there are several hundred guides, and many people dont have your superior brain power. A week ago I didnt have a clue, but decided that since my pc came with a burner that I would make use of it. In case you havent noticed this site now has hundreds of hours of material to read.If it's too much trouble to point a user in the right direction, why bother to post at all, other than to feed your obviously over inflated egos. I visit many BBs in the course of a day, and you people are the worst.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Uranus
    Search Comp PM
    Yeh well you aren' t helping either are you.
    Most people want an interesting problem
    This was not. Hence the funnies.

    I don't visit BBs myself anymore because they DONT EXIST
    this is a web forum.

    Shut up and keep reading.
    Quote Quote  
  6. VH Veteran jimmalenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Down under
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Lashlarue
    It was my understanding that this was a help site, not a personal forum to deride people in need of some help. You say go read, well there are several hundred guides, and many people dont have your superior brain power. A week ago I didnt have a clue, but decided that since my pc came with a burner that I would make use of it. In case you havent noticed this site now has hundreds of hours of material to read.If it's too much trouble to point a user in the right direction, why bother to post at all, other than to feed your obviously over inflated egos. I visit many BBs in the course of a day, and you people are the worst.
    You make some good points - this is a help site, but you won't get any help unless you help yourself first. as pointed out, there are a great number of guides here. No one has said to read all of them, ever. If you go to the guides page, scroll down to see that all guides are bunched into groups of about 15 articles. Only read the ones that are relevant to what you are trying to do. Good on you for buying a PC with a burner in it. Good on you for wanting to make use of it.

    This particular poster really has not done any research at all and shouldn't be in the DVD game with comments like this. It's beyond Noobishness.

    ...And I'll feed my ego whenever I want.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The more common name is Bulletin board, look at the bottom of the page, So if the inquiry is not a challenge to your superior brain, dont ask.I'm sorry but being polite and courteous was something I was taught growing up. but since you can hide behind your computer, its ok to be a smug smart alec. You carry this "I know something and you dont mentality" to the extreme. I see you have many posts , most probably as useless as your last.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member lacywest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    California
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rikk
    You all scared him away for good!
    Well ... he was warned.

    But man ...

    30 some posts and he is asking that kind of question ... whoa !!??!!??

    All his past posts are related to video capture ... I checked his Profile.

    You know what I saw today and I think that is messed up.

    Spam in email ... we know what that is but what is worse is

    Getting Spam in your Fax Machine ... the place I work at has advertisements sitting in the out box tray.
    How can those people do that ??? .... knowing its costing machine/parts wear ... trees and ... uh ... uh ... oh yeah ... ink.
    Quote Quote  
  9. VH Veteran jimmalenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Down under
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Lashlarue
    The more common name is Bulletin board, look at the bottom of the page, So if the inquiry is not a challenge to your superior brain, dont ask.I'm sorry but being polite and courteous was something I was taught growing up. but since you can hide behind your computer, its ok to be a smug smart alec. You carry this "I know something and you dont mentality" to the extreme. I see you have many posts , most probably as useless as your last.
    Was this @ me ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Lashlarue
    It was my understanding that this was a help site, not a personal forum to deride people in need of some help. You say go read, well there are several hundred guides, and many people dont have your superior brain power. A week ago I didnt have a clue, but decided that since my pc came with a burner that I would make use of it. In case you havent noticed this site now has hundreds of hours of material to read.If it's too much trouble to point a user in the right direction, why bother to post at all, other than to feed your obviously over inflated egos. I visit many BBs in the course of a day, and you people are the worst.
    it does seem stange that certain people would rather slate the poor guy for 20 lines than just give a simple answer
    but very few people would visit regularly just to answer questions
    the sledging is required to keep any forum alive
    sooner or later someone takes pity and gives the answer even if it has to be dug for in amongst all the sarcasm
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member lacywest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    California
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Lashlarue
    It was my understanding that this was a help site, not a personal forum to deride people in need of some help. You say go read, well there are several hundred guides, and many people dont have your superior brain power. A week ago I didnt have a clue, but decided that since my pc came with a burner that I would make use of it. In case you havent noticed this site now has hundreds of hours of material to read.If it's too much trouble to point a user in the right direction, why bother to post at all, other than to feed your obviously over inflated egos. I visit many BBs in the course of a day, and you people are the worst.
    hmm ... we just now dumped on him and now you're dumping on us

    So ... lets do the math ... negative + negative = positive ...
    Quote Quote  
  12. nope, but I started looking for basic info on this site by reading the posts, sadly most were filled with smart alec remarks because someone asked a simple question. it took me many more hours than it should, because I did not want to be the brunt of your "inside" jokes. Im not stupid, I'm a retired petroleum engineer, but the language of DVDs is like a foriegn language to me. In a week I have found a couple of programs that work for my purposes, so I'm happy. But a help site ought to be a helpsite, for all, even someone who doesnt understand about commercial DVD9s and the DVD- or+R blanks that we use to make copys.I actually got more usable info off a car site that I frequent.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member lacywest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    California
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Lashlarue
    nope, but I started looking for basic info on this site by reading the posts, sadly most were filled with smart alec remarks because someone asked a simple question. it took me many more hours than it should, because I did not want to be the brunt of your "inside" jokes. Im not stupid, I'm a retired petroleum engineer, but the language of DVDs is like a foriegn language to me. In a week I have found a couple of programs that work for my purposes, so I'm happy. But a help site ought to be a helpsite, for all, even someone who doesnt understand about commercial DVD9s and the DVD- or+R blanks that we use to make copys.I actually got more usable info off a car site that I frequent.
    Go here ... see ya ... http://www.doom9.org/

    Welcome to Doom9.net - The definitive DVD backup resource

    http://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvdbackup-guides.htm
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member tweedledee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Search Comp PM
    nope, but I started looking for basic info on this site by reading the posts, sadly most were filled with smart alec remarks because someone asked a simple question. it took me many more hours than it should, because I did not want to be the brunt of your "inside" jokes.
    I read this site because I enjoy the jokes and smart alec remarks. DOOM seems too "anal retentive" I love it when "fulcilives" drops off his medication and slams into an unsuspecting newbe. BTW, don't flame ME, or I'll sulk.
    "Whenever I need to "get away,'' I just get away in my mind. I go to my imaginary spot, where the beach is perfect and the water is perfect and the weather is perfect. The only bad thing there are the flies. They're terrible!" Jack Handey
    Quote Quote  
  15. VH Veteran jimmalenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Down under
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Lashlarue
    nope, but I started looking for basic info on this site by reading the posts, sadly most were filled with smart alec remarks because someone asked a simple question. it took me many more hours than it should, because I did not want to be the brunt of your "inside" jokes. Im not stupid, I'm a retired petroleum engineer, but the language of DVDs is like a foriegn language to me. In a week I have found a couple of programs that work for my purposes, so I'm happy. But a help site ought to be a helpsite, for all, even someone who doesnt understand about commercial DVD9s and the DVD- or+R blanks that we use to make copys.I actually got more usable info off a car site that I frequent.
    Guides are there for a reason, my friend. It is more beneficial to teach yourself, and this website provides all the resources you need, as well as a forum for if you get stuck. But, it is only reasonable that you try to do some research first. And I quote:
    Originally Posted by The AUP
    Please try to do some basic research before posting.
    Most fundamental questions are answered on the How To's on this site.

    Use the Forum search feature.
    Using the search can yield rich rewards as most questions have already been previously answered.
    Why is this so hard to understand ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Well, first off there are currently thirty something guides in the DVD to DVD section. each one would take a minimum of 15 minutes to read, and for someone who knew absolutely nothing about DVDs, most would make no sense at all. I tried that , but was getting nowhere as I didnt understand what I was reading. I asked a simple question on a car site and got immediate responses that lead to the correct guide on your site. My question was , what do you use to copy DVDs. I got half dozen immediate responses, with all sorts of helpful information. no one made fun of me, or indicated I was less than intelligent. they explained the various software available in a way I could understand. Im sure if asked the question that started this post, someone would have politely explained it to me. That is all....
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member FulciLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA in the USA
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tweedledee
    nope, but I started looking for basic info on this site by reading the posts, sadly most were filled with smart alec remarks because someone asked a simple question. it took me many more hours than it should, because I did not want to be the brunt of your "inside" jokes.
    I read this site because I enjoy the jokes and smart alec remarks. DOOM seems too "anal retentive" I love it when "fulcilives" drops off his medication and slams into an unsuspecting newbe. BTW, don't flame ME, or I'll sulk.
    LOL Thank you very much!

    However I just got my 2nd YELLOW WARNING BOX THING not that long ago for comments on the USE ZOOM ON DVD PLAYER FOR FULLSCREEN INSTEAD OF WIDESCREEN thread.

    In short I'm trying to be good ... but usually that only lasts so long ...

    - John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member FulciLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA in the USA
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Lashlarue
    Well, first off there are currently thirty something guides in the DVD to DVD section. each one would take a minimum of 15 minutes to read, and for someone who knew absolutely nothing about DVDs, most would make no sense at all. I tried that , but was getting nowhere as I didnt understand what I was reading. I asked a simple question on a car site and got immediate responses that lead to the correct guide on your site. My question was , what do you use to copy DVDs. I got half dozen immediate responses, with all sorts of helpful information. no one made fun of me, or indicated I was less than intelligent. they explained the various software available in a way I could understand. Im sure if asked the question that started this post, someone would have politely explained it to me. That is all....
    As a first time newbie on this site you would think the first thing you would do would be to click on the WHAT IS DVDR which is at the very top of the LEFT HAND menu bar.

    After that you would probably click on GUIDES or ARTICLES ... ARICLES even says, "Newbie all-in-one guides"

    After that ... guess what ... the first section is a newbie section with only 4 articles.

    This is simple stuff. Anyone can manage that much.

    I mean really now!

    Also would you rather post something dumb like this on doom9 and get no response as no one there thought it was complicated enough to answer or would you rather post that something dumb here and get funny ass dumb remarks and comments in return?

    Seems simple to me.

    Don't ask simple dumb questions. Period. If you must though ask here. At least some will get a laugh out of it.

    - John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  19. VH Veteran jimmalenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Down under
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Lashlarue
    Well, first off there are currently thirty something guides in the DVD to DVD section. each one would take a minimum of 15 minutes to read, and for someone who knew absolutely nothing about DVDs, most would make no sense at all. I tried that , but was getting nowhere as I didnt understand what I was reading. I asked a simple question on a car site and got immediate responses that lead to the correct guide on your site. My question was , what do you use to copy DVDs. I got half dozen immediate responses, with all sorts of helpful information. no one made fun of me, or indicated I was less than intelligent. they explained the various software available in a way I could understand. Im sure if asked the question that started this post, someone would have politely explained it to me. That is all....
    You don't have to understand the guides - just do what they say, step by step, No Questions Asked. The guides work. If you don't like the culture here then don't come here. Pretty simple.

    If you need a DVD guide, try the one in my signature.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member lacywest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    California
    Search Comp PM
    To ... jimmalenko and for Fucilives

    I do believe when I first started ripping DVDs ... I too read the guides first.

    Why ... because I was in a hurry to find out quickly.

    To post ... dont you need to register ... check your email ... verify and then post and wait for an answer ... too long for me.

    I'm a recovering drug addict [I have over 7 years clean and sober] but I still want instant gratification now. I dont want to wait.

    So I go to the guides.

    It was the Doom9 - DVD Backup Resource sites where I first learned how.

    And then eventually migrated over to here.

    I guess this sounds mean but sometimes I do check the posts from other persons ... too flame them ... but if you check my posts most of them do have useful info.

    But to have posted 30 some times means looking around on this site.

    And to the right of the webpage is all kinds of stuff posted related to DVD5 or DVD9 ... seems pretty hard to miss all the talk about persons ripping DVDs.

    And it does seem pretty hard to miss all the chitter chatter about DVD Shrink or Nero Recode or DVD X Copy or InterVideo DVDCopy v1.2 or v2.0 and to wonder what is everybody talking about.

    So when somebody puts a post in here about ... how a DVD can hold 6.5 gigs ??? .... it kind of blows some of us away.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I'm a recovering drug addict [I have over 7 years clean and sober]
    What a completely random thing to include in a post about dvd's
    -Yar, matey!-
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by lacywest
    Originally Posted by Lashlarue
    It was my understanding that this was a help site, not a personal forum to deride people in need of some help. You say go read, well there are several hundred guides, and many people dont have your superior brain power. A week ago I didnt have a clue, but decided that since my pc came with a burner that I would make use of it. In case you havent noticed this site now has hundreds of hours of material to read.If it's too much trouble to point a user in the right direction, why bother to post at all, other than to feed your obviously over inflated egos. I visit many BBs in the course of a day, and you people are the worst.
    hmm ... we just now dumped on him and now you're dumping on us

    So ... lets do the math ... negative + negative = positive ...
    its negative x negative = positive
    Quote Quote  
  23. sweet almost thought this post died. keep it coming guys. some pretty intertaining shit lol.....
    How Big A Boy Are Ya?
    Quote Quote  
  24. sweet almost thought this post died. keep it coming guys. some pretty intertaining shit lol.....
    You find this thread entertaining? eh? EH?

    Good Becasue it is. Notice how the guy who posted the original message didnt come back....must be embarassed. lol.
    -Yar, matey!-
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    My Swamp
    Search Comp PM
    Oh No ! Ripped a disc today and it's only 3.2G . It's not big enough to fit on a blank DVD because they need 4.7G . What can I do????? Is There a way to make a disc smaller so that the 3.2G will fit on it ?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member FulciLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA in the USA
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by andyp1
    Oh No ! Ripped a disc today and it's only 3.2G . It's not big enough to fit on a blank DVD because they need 4.7G . What can I do????? Is There a way to make a disc smaller so that the 3.2G will fit on it ?
    Sand around the edge of the DVD recordable disc. This will take a while but eventually you will end up with a DVD disc that is less than 5" across. Just make sure you keep turning the disc so you are sanding all the edges equalley otherwise the disc might get off center and not spin correctly.

    For 3.2GB you need to sand off about an inch or so.

    - John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member lacywest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    California
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FulciLives
    Originally Posted by andyp1
    Oh No ! Ripped a disc today and it's only 3.2G . It's not big enough to fit on a blank DVD because they need 4.7G . What can I do????? Is There a way to make a disc smaller so that the 3.2G will fit on it ?
    Sand around the edge of the DVD recordable disc. This will take a while but eventually you will end up with a DVD disc that is less than 5" across. Just make sure you keep turning the disc so you are sanding all the edges equalley otherwise the disc might get off center and not spin correctly.

    For 3.2GB you need to sand off about an inch or so.

    - John "FulciLives" Coleman
    from the inside [but wont it wobble really bad] or outside ?

    As for my comment about 7 years clean and sober ... I wouldn't have that much time if I didn't understand how it happened in the first place.

    People who want instant gratification ... either will use money ... drugs ... sex ... whatever ... and in this case he posted a post instead of checking out the DVD ripping Guides.

    But he sure gave alot of us ... in this thread ... instant gratification.

    Especially after dealing with the idiots on the Freeway leaving Fresno. Or that big ass truck with them bright lights filling up the inside of my car.

    I like a nice quiet peaceful drive home. I really hate having some vehicle tailgating me with huge headlights blazing away into my rearview mirror.

    Remember the news recently ... 9 people found dead in Fresno ... same Fresno.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by andyp1
    Is There a way to make a disc smaller so that the 3.2G will fit on it ?
    Gardening shears come to mind. Is there a calculator that will tell you how much of it to cut off to reach the desired size?
    No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Retired from video stuff MackemX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    VIP Lounge
    Search Comp PM
    it's great to see a few in need of an EGO boost contributing to this thread and some are on regular medication by the looks of things

    it's amazing how they cannot simply resist the urge to reply and try to look COOL 8)

    either the guy is taking the piss or is totally oblivious to DVD original backups but either way why not just let it die? It will soon disappear instead of others wondering why some feel to the need to post jibes

    maybe some of the funnies are actually funny. It's just some here seem to lack in the art of posting funnies without offending others (sometimes not even the original poster) just as much as sikki_nixx lacked in DVD-R backup knowledge. Maybe they should seek a humour forum to brush up on their posting skills

    p.s. my stoopid answer to this thread is either wait for dual layer or photocopy both sides of the DVD, print them on sticky labels and then onto both sides of a blank DVD
    Quote Quote  
  30. Um....you make fun of other people with stupid answers trying to look cool, yet you post your own "stoopid" answer. Heh.

    But seriously guys...either calm down with the lame "jokes" or just stop altogether
    -Yar, matey!-
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads