VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using TmpgEnc.
    After "cutting" a mpg file, the segmented video has no sound. I use Gspot to check the codec and it state
    "(S) --> MPEG-I Stream Splitter --> MPEG Audio Decoder --> (R)". What is wrong?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't cut mpgs. That's the bitter truth. To be avoided at all costs. If you have to, use Womble mpeg VCR.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Easy one, had a similar problem :

If the cutting tool isn't precise, like TMPGENc, it misleads the very beggining of the cut track, so every video tool "thinks" there's no audio muxed in as it doesn't recognize the very beggining;

Solution ? Easy, use Womble, very precise;

Zetti
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have to echo the others here. Womble MPEG2 VCR is the best mpeg editor there is.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Crapit, I'd been using TMPGEnc to perform conversion to mpeg1 format for many files. But I didnt realise the noise that is introduced until I wanted to extract the sound portion from a avi as it contain my favourite song.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do I do the cutting in womble2vcr?
    Quote Quote