VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello All, I know I ahve asked before but I didn't get a reply.

I have an old hollywood+ card that was given to me by a friend, I don't need it for DVD playback as my system is already sorted out fine with my Matrox G400 Dualhead AGP.

But I was wondering if it is possible to use the Hollywood+ to capture DVD straight to the HDD, or put the DVD files on the HDD and then capture to avi/mpg?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. No it's a decoder card not an encoder card
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks Norm, that's all I needed to know.
    Quote Quote  
  4. keep the HollyWood PLus. for PC dvd playback. it's simpily the BEST. also have great TV Out and doby ditital out.

also don't slow down u pc when watch dvd on it
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks geniv, i am going to keep it, but my PC is nearly full, I have 2 soundcards and a SCSI card, this machine is a DAW machine too. I will use it in the machine that I build for my son next year, I think there is a problem with it though and I don't want to mess with my machine if I'm not going to be able to capture with it.

I'm going to get a TV card soon as the H+ doesn't do what I want it to.

I'm not too bothered about DVD playback on my system, I have a matrox G400 dualhead AGP card, and the playback is fine on the second monitor and TV-out (and the primary monitor!), I don't have any macrovision on it and I have never tweaked the card either!
    Quote Quote