VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all;

Having tmpgenc plus for 2 months, I follow this guide (https://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?link=303), and my DVD movie turns fine. Then I download dvdshrink, windv; after that, the template I use (from the guide above) is no longer work. The 2 pass vbr stop at 50%. Then I did some cazy thing. I re-install my video software that comes with my ati 9600 xt. Try again with my own template and it runs ok to 100%. At that point, tmpgenc stop stood there. Normall, I will hear a bell tone to let me know the encode is finished. I also try to see the encode with ati, and it says missing something but I do not remeber. Ati askd to repair in order for me to view the movie on my pc.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestion? I am greatly appreciated to your help. I post this on newbie but do get any reply so I decide to post in this forum.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I may be wrong, but I don't know of any way that DVDshrink or WinDV would interfere with TMPGEnc encoder. I believe shrink is a transcoder and and WinDV is just an import interface. May be something else causing problems with TMPGEnc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. That makes me feel better. I will start look at other source to cause the problem. One thing I remember, I have sony digital software, pixela image maker, before install tmpgenc. After install tmpgenc, I install nikon program for my digital camera, coolpix 880. I do not know how old is the nikon program, but the camera came out about 5 yrs ago. Any way, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have installed in my PC
    TMPGEnc
    WinDV
    DVDShrink
    Pixela Image Maker

And every thing works well...check for something else...no problems betwen them.

Good look
    Quote Quote  
  5. Update the problem I posted.

After realizing (from you readers) that windv & dvdshrink have nothing to do with tmpgenc plus performance, I went back to trial the max bitrate, avg bitrate. Finally the program works fine. I still have no idea why the past I set at max=9000, avg=6000, 2 pass vbr with highest qa; it worked and then stop. Now, set at max=8000, avg=5000, 2 pass vbr with highest qa; tmpgenc plus runs fine. The video has lesser bites but I can not see any qa loss. The movie looked great. Thanks for all those reply.
    Quote Quote