VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just bought and installed VDCEasy on Windows 2000pro, on which I've also got Matrox 2000 and Premiere 6.0. My CDwriter is a Sony CD-RW CRX160E SCSI. I cannot get the system to complete a VCD. It halts and warns "May have a bad driver in the CD writer/reader settings page." I've tried again with all combinations of the drivers on their drop-down box, and still no go. I"m also getting a yellow warning signb on "initializing 0.7.12 cygwin 1686 libvcd". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling VCDEasy, and no change. I've also deleted all versions of cygwin.dll except for the latest version, and copied that to C:\WINNT. Please help. I've had to duplicate this here because I'm getting no response on VCD authoring.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi!
    You didn't say which version of VCDEasy, but I'm assuming that you're using the latest 2.0.1.

It halts and warns "May have a bad driver in the CD writer/reader settings page." I've tried again with all combinations of the drivers on their drop-down box, and still no go
    Hmm, I also had problem with burning directly from VCDEasy and got the same error message as you. The problem was solved when I changed to "general-mmc-raw" in the CD-Writer settings. However, It appears as if you have already tried every choice in the drop down list in CD-Writer settings, with no luck.

If you're using VCDEasy 2.0.1, you don't need any ASPI-driver anymore. Instead, use the SPTI. If the version is 1.1.x, then make sure that the ASPI-driver are workning properly. Check at the bottom of the program.

If your ASPI-drivers are correct and working or if you're using the new SPTI in VCDEasy, then you should try the follwing thing.

Select the "CD Image File Recorder" as CD-Writer and create the bin-file. After that you burn your bin-file to a CD using Nero or some other burning software.

// Znooky
    Quote Quote