VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys. Ok, here's my situation. I downloaded an SVCD movie file and it came as a TAR file. I decompressed everything and it contained an M2V and an SFV file. I couldnt play any of those using any program. I was able to play the M2V file on Nero and it played with the sound and everything. The thing is that I wanted to convert it to MPEG so that I could burn it as VCD and play it on my DVD player. Thanks!

P.S. I tried TMPGEnc and it didn't help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    An sfv file is just a checksum to verify that the file is correct. Normally m2v files are just plain MPEG-2 video elementary streams, but now and then people have given me MPEG-2 program streams with that extension. If it plays with sound then you can just rename it to .mpg and it'll probably be fine.
    A man without a woman is like a statue without pigeons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A agree with the above although it assumes you have an mpeg-2 filter installed. If the mpg doesn't play in Media Player, use Power DVD or some other software DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. are u trying to burn the m2v file and play it on a stand alone dvd player?? if so then this is wat u need... brb i gotta find the right program

TMPGenc Plus thx to ANDYP1 and the ppl here, it was made simple... this is what u want to do open

TMPGenc Plus
    the wizard will pop up( i usually click next)
    set everthing how u wnat it (Ntsc or Pal) then audio settings click Next

then click browze and select video(audio should come with it)or u can drap it to the drop spot... click next

after rereading ur post this might not b helpful for u cuz this makes it to DVD complaint .. hummm

set ur destination then ur done
    Quote Quote