VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to find printable media that I can use for in my NEC 2500 burner. The conveniant way to go seems to be Ritek, they are reasonably priced but I've heard that NEC and Ritek media don't go well together. So what other type of ink jet printable media have you guys used with an NEC 2500, with out paying a whole sh*t loat. I noticed the Memorex pack of 50 is about $1.50 a disc.
    Quote Quote  

2. I have this drive, use Datasafe GO4 Ritek -r's and have no problems, I would suggest that these problems have probably been ironed out
    Quote Quote  
  3. at the supermediastore I found some prodisc ink jet printables, are these good discs? if i'm going to buy inkjet printables is it better to by the silver printables or the white printables?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I burn Maxell printables with my Pioneer and Liteon burners with great success. I buy them from www.shopperwiz.com - part# 635129. These are made in Japan mxlrg02's...great media. I couldn't get the Ridata to play well in one of my standalones. Price is about 66 bucks shipped for 50 spindle.

I like white...but it's pure artistic preference.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The problems with ritek and the nec 2500 only seems to affect -R media. not +R. So if you get printable ricohjpn01 or Ritek R02/R03 you should be good to go.
    Quote Quote  
  6. well the +r is not going to work for me either, my dvd player will only play -r.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a player that doesn't like the Riteks too, so I use the DupEZ 4x from Rima in the IJP whitetop version. So far the media works well in my Optorite generic drive. Only thing I don't know is how long they will last. Also the printable coating is better crappy compared to the Ritek, or the DupEZ 1x disks.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yeah, VI, I've tried DupEZ 4x printables and they were pretty good. Leaddata media if I remember correctly. Got them in my printable sample pack from Rima. They were the best of the bunch...little weak on the outside edge on one of my burns though.
    Quote Quote