VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. thanks to everyone for helping out with my other earlier post

I was looking at the filesize/video quality of DiviX captures to VCD and .. WOW for the smaller size Divix has alot better video quality ..

btw: I'm more interested in having quality video file with minimial filesize than being able to play the video on a stand alone player.

since my system can't really handle direct Divix captureing.

I use to use my SNAZZI to capture to MPeg1 then use Vdub (from the guide "How to convert to DivX or AVI with Virtualdub&quot to
    convert it to DiviX just to get the smaller file size.

but here's the problem.

1- it won't let me use anything higher than 64kb, 44khz stereo. I wanted to use 128kbs, 44khz, stereo

2- DiviX have better quality pictures than VCD/mpeg1 but when I first captuere my video to mpeg1 then convert to DiviX the video quality get F**ked by the mpeg1 compression. I want to give the divix encoder a clean video signal to work with.

I'm planing to follow the "How to Capture directly to DivX with any TV-Card or Video-In-Card" guide and capture to VCD and SVCD resolution, CD quality sound. of course I don't want to have more than 2% frame drop.

what specs do you people recommend. or anyone is able to do that, what specs do you have?

thanks in advance..

Quote Quote  
  2. I have been successful at capturing real time Microsoft MPEG4V2 with an AMD K6 2-500 using both a Rage Fury Pro 128 and an AverMedia card. These captures were done at 320x240. I have attempted 640x480 with my newer 700mhz Pentium III machine and it can not capture at that rate without losing 60% of the frames.

So, if you are capturing at 320x240 then a 500mhz machine will work with a BT828 card or a Rage Fury Pro card (the Rage Fury Pro has the added benefit of TV out so you can watch your recordings on the tv). If you want to capture at 640x480, I don't know how fast a machine you will need. The 320x240 works ok for me. I just use the machine as a PVR. It is a little soft, but not too bad.
    Quote Quote