VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just got an epson r300 and have some few questions.

1)Is the "safely remove hardware" icon suppose to be at the taskbar at all time. After I installed the printer I can't seem to get rid of it. The other thing was that after the installation it place a drive (H: ) in "My computer".

2)How do you print in black and white only?

3)Is it true that if you run out of one color you can't no longer print?
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1. I think so, it pertains to the cardreader in the R300. Your 'new' 'H' drive is also pertaining to the cardreader. It alows for the transfer to and from the card(s) that you have in the cardreader.

2. I have no idea. I have not tried or had a need to do so.

3. I wouldn't think so, hence the seperate ink carts, you should still be able to print, you just won't get the color that has run out.

edit to add this note: I stand corrected, I guess Dissturbed types faster than I do. :P
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1)I've never seen it go away. This is for the card (memory) reader. If you look in your device manager it also installs a scsi device.

2) Set to monochrome or gray scale printing.

3) Yes. It will stop printing once one color runs out. If blue runs out, you won't even be able to print a simple black/white text document until it's replaced. Thank you Epson for smart chips.

Pinch-Poke-you owe me a coke
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks guys, that clear up a lot.

Got some more q for you guys.

1)I just printed my first photo and the quality was better than I expected it to be. The pic was taken from a 2.0mp digital cam. Even though I was hoping it would be a little brighter but it was fine. what type of paper do you guys recommend? matte or glossy? plz list any setting (if any) for the printer.

2)thinkin of getting another digicam. if you have one. plz give some feedback on the quality. thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by trunksu
    I just got an epson r300 and have some few questions.

1)Is the "safely remove hardware" icon suppose to be at the taskbar at all time. After I installed the printer I can't seem to get rid of it. The other thing was that after the installation it place a drive (H: ) in "My computer".
    The printer is connected to the PC via a USB cable - could it be that you need to use that wizard to unplug the printer from the PC ? It seems a bit strange that it would apply to the card reader without a card in it ...

If you click on the wizard, which devices does it list as removable ?

I bought one today and will install it soon, so I guess I'll be able to find out for myself...
    Quote Quote  
  6. i am thinkin of returnin the r300 and get the r200. I have no use for the screen and if i can find the $20 of $100 coupon from staples i am goin for it. 80 for the r200 will be a pretty good deal.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by disturbed1
    3) Yes. It will stop printing once one color runs out. If blue runs out, you won't even be able to print a simple black/white text document until it's replaced. Thank you Epson for smart chips.

Pinch-Poke-you owe me a coke
    Get this handy utility and forget about the chip:

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml
    Life is what happens just when you've got everything planned.
    Quote Quote  
  8. thanks for this info and link. has anyone else tried this utility? i glanced at their forum quickly and noticed one post that stated he could not longer get new ink carts to work on his printer.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Use the ultilty on my 900 and have had no trouble. Thats not to say you wont on the 300 as its newer.
    Not bothered by small problems...
    Spend a night alone with a mosquito
    Quote Quote