VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought a laptop with a DVD multi drive. I'm not sure what make the drive is, but it's an Acer laptop(Ferrari 3000).
    Anyway, I'm sure this has came up a million times before, but if you could please indulge me......
    What sort of blank media should I buy?
    The drive will take +R/RW and -R/RW, so which one is most likely to play on my standalone player? (Panasonic S75EBS) Or will either be Ok? If so, I'll go on price. Is there much difference in the price of blanks?

Thanks.
    We'll be right back after these messages from Binford!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well the player database shows for a Panasonic S75 that both + or - will work...according to comsumers reporting in.

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=Panasonic+S75&Submit=Search&Search=Sear...=&orderby=Name
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I was just reading that myself after I had posted. There are a few reports of +R discs not playing, but overall seems to have a good rating. I think I will play it safe and buy -R discs.

Thanks Vanderlow.
    We'll be right back after these messages from Binford!
    Quote Quote  
  4. If your stand alone plays either, just buy good quality media and whichever is less expensive at the time.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I went through that question late last year, researched till I was near brain dead. No one offered really GREAT odds on one or the other being better so I just made a decision. It was based on the unit I wanted most, only did -R and -RW. Makes it easy. Offshoot of that, . . . I will either be right or wrong when all the format wars finally shake out. If I am right, I don't have to dub any thing, . . . if +R is the winner, . . . well, I'll just have to dub all of them again. I took the -R gamble, figured it should be good for at least a few years.
    May God bless,
    Dwight
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!