VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there any other software that will let me make non-compliant VCD's other than Nero. I like to encode my mpeg so I can squeeze a couple of hours on a standard CD-R however I don't like the menu features of Nero. I like Ulead Movie Factory 2.0 however it will convert any non-compliant files, does anyone know of a way to make MovieFactory accept a file without converting it - is there a way of adding new VCD templates to it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Encode in any software you want, burn with any software you want. What could be easier? Don't like Nero's menus???
    I encode SVCD in Mainconcept, remux non-standard VCD in tmpenc's mpeg tools, burn with Nero.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  3. I do encode the videos with TMpeg, but I don't encode them to standard compliant VCD files and with Nero it will let you turn of standard compliance however other packages like WinOnCD, Ulead Movie Factory etc will attempt to convert the file back to standard VCD therefore defeating the whole point. Yes I know I can just use VCDEasy but sometimes I just want to put together a package quickly and easily with a nice menu.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry, I didn't understand the first time what you meant by Nero's menus.
    I have about 11 different burning programs on my system...I'll see if I can find something else that will burn non-standard, and post back.
    You'll still have to author it somehow.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote