I myself has a miroVideo DC30+ video capture card.
I've known people online and offline that has a DC10+, but not a DC30+. My video capture card supports S-video and regular a/v cabling. It has it's own audio capture so video and audio sync is almost always to a tee (sometimes goes off a couple of frames after one hour of capture). The Pinnacle DC10+ requires you use your sound card for capture. I've only known of one person that has had audio/video syncing problems, but that might be because he has a PII 500.

I don't need another capture card, because my DC30+ captures MJPEG at up to 720x480 resolution. Hee.

Now, if I DIDN'T have my miroVideo DC30+ video capture card, the capture card I would buy would be an ATI Radeon 7500 (or higher) 64mb. Why? Not only is the 7500 cheap (because the 8500 just came out), it is also a video card itself. It is 90% as powerful as a GeForce II, so gaming experience is still there. It has TV in and out, and is also a TV Tuner. You can record (even program the time of recording) your favourite show while you're away and come back to watch it on your comp.

So far what I've known.. the 8500 dropped 100 today, and the 7500 is currenly at around 150 Canadian.

But if you're going to get a video capture card, I would say go ATI Radeon. My cousin has it, and it's frickin' amazing what it can do and at high quality. I would definately recommend this video card / video capture card / tv tuner to anyone. Great card at a great price.