VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I recently shot a homevid of my niece's 18th birthday party. I new at the time that the lighting wasnt the greatest, and that, the end result would suffer.
    However I didnt think it would suffer so much.

So I was wandering. is there anyway I could increase the brightness, so it wouldnt be so dim?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, TMPGEnc Plus has Simple and Custom color coreection functions. Look under Settings-->Advanced Tab. Virtual Dub also has a Brightness filter.
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok Thanks, I'll check it out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you editing first, before encoding?
    I do any adjustment to lighting using my editing software; Pinnacle Studio 8.5.
    If you do edit before you encode then depending on what you use you should have the same facility I have.

Will Hay
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Pinnacle Studio version 9 has some kind of "Auto correction" feature too... I am not sure how effective it is and if it will degrade quality or not since I didn't have a chance to play with effects so far... But it is there.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi Guys,

I got Studio 9 a few days ago, still finding my way around it.

I dont suppose you could point me in the right direction, and tell me where it is?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Later tonight... it is different in PS9
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh yeah, oops, just read his post properly
    Man, you kids and your latest versions
    Will
    Quote Quote  
  10. OK. Here is what I did. I posted some print screens of effects here. This is for you Will Hay, so you can see how they look in PS9. 8)

Pinnacle Studio 9 and DV home video editing

Now know-nowt, if you have PS9, click on "Help" menu and than select "Help Topics". Select "Contents" tab. From list select "Video clips" and than "Using video effects". You should be able to go from there on how to use them. Good luck
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by donpedro
    OK. Here is what I did. I posted some print screens of effects here. This is for you Will Hay, so you can see how they look in PS9. 8)
    Cheers dp, I'll check it out now; sure looks a nice upgrade, far too tempting for my budget
    Will
    Quote Quote