VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i would assume this will be online, too, at least at the beginning. 25 pks of tdk dvd+r or dvd-r for 24.99. sale starts tomorrow, sunday, the 14th. happy buying.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TARGET ALSO HAVE THEM FOR SAME PRICE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Worthless unless they are MADE IN JAPAN and at that price I can't imagine them being anything but MADE IN TAIWAN.

Of course I'm talking about DVD-R as I don't even TOUCH the DVD+R format hehehe

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok here we go again. So what is the media code. I guess that they are cmc. What color is the bottom of the case, is there a gap in the barcode, Is the barcode have big or small letters, etc......
    Quote Quote  
  5. yeah... TDK is getting bad... who knows what you'll get.... last deal was 10 for $8 at staples, that was better and I got SOME that were Made in JAPAN... and about 3 other various things....? TDK... The Dumb Krapshoot.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    im going to check it out tommorow

last time i got some tdk at best buy they were TDKG02000000
    Quote Quote  
  7. Bought three (3) Spindles of the TDK 4X +R

Say made in Taiwan
    Thick (tall) black base vs other black bases I've seen that are shorter.
    DVD Info Pro says:

Region information N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
    Media code/Manufacturer ID RICOHJPNR01
    Format Capacity Not Formatted
    Free Blocks 405405696
    Free Capacity 4.38GB(4.70GB)
    Book Type DVD+R
    Media Type DVD+R
    Media Id Code Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
    Available Write Descriptor CLV 4.0x 5540KBps
    Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.4x 3324KBps
    Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.0x 2770KBps
    Data area starting sector 30000h
    Linear Density 0.267um/bit
    Track Density 0.74um/track
    Number of Layers 1

I'm hopefull, as I've never had bad results with this media code.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alright, the sale is back. I haven't seen TDK sale for qutie a while.
    Let buy buy buy...............
    Quote Quote  
  9. I got the TDK 4x 25pk dvd+r from Circuit City yesterday, pricematched it to Best Buy. They are RICOHJPN-R01-002 (Made in Japan), even though the paper on the outer cover say Made in Taiwan. Look for the THIN outer ring (about 1 mm) on the middle of the top visible dvd. I compared it to the TDK 2x dvd-r (thicker outer ring). These discs have rippled edges, glued together. They burn at 8x w/ my Lite-On 811S (HSOP firmware).
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just picked some up this afternoon from my local store as well and same media code:

I'm fairly new to the game, Ricoh is good quality, correct? I know about CMC now (as all 200 of my discs that I bought from Office Depot were that brand - so I'm returning them) and am planning on replacing them with these TDK DVD+R at $25 a spindle of 25. I like that price for good media.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    fulcilives: wrote
    Worthless unless they are MADE IN JAPAN and at that price I can't imagine them being anything but MADE IN TAIWAN.

Of course I'm talking about DVD-R as I don't even TOUCH the DVD+R format hehehe
    I've used TDK DVD-R 2X speed 15 pack spindle made in Taiwan from COSTCO. They work perfectly fine and play on my standalone dvd players as well on my friends ones. Whatever media works is all that matters. Have you ever wondered why the blank media are being made in TAIWAN? It's called cheap labor. More and more products are being manufactured in China, Taiwan, & Singapore because labor there is cheap. Panasonic no longer manufactures their VHS vcr's in Japan. The trend is changing to manufacture products out of Japan to other Asian countries. So what if the time comes that all dvd blank media is no longer made in Japan what will you do? Interesting thought to think about. Through my own experiences I will continue to use whatever dvd media that works for me. May it be made in TAIWAN or where evers! Just my opinion.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Damn, you guys are lucky. The BB's around here are offering 25pks for $25 but they are all 2x. Even looked in the flyer and the pic says 2x right on it, so I know they aren't just subbing these because they ran out.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Couple of days ago I got 2 25 packs of TDK 4x from Best Buy and they ended up being CMC and they only burn at 2.4x even though on the package it says 4x

They still work great though, burned a few things and dvdinfo did not detect any errors on them.
    Quote Quote