VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am tryinig to figure out how to print on business card CD-R media using the Epson printing software and I can't find a template to use. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of software (hopefully cheap or free) to do the job? TIA
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
    Quote Quote  
  2. File / Inner / Outer Diameter settings...

Switch to 8 m/m disks or use options and set your own size...
    Not bothered by small problems...
    Spend a night alone with a mosquito
    Quote Quote  
  3. The 8 cm setting assumes a round disc and ends up inking a round shape instead of a rectangle shape. I now have a cd tray with ink on it! I e-mailed Epson and hopefully they have a solution or this printer is getting returned!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Let us know what happens.

I was about to order the business card cd's myself, but will wait now.
    All good things come to an end......
    that's why they call it a "climax". :)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by YngwieJM
    The 8 cm setting assumes a round disc and ends up inking a round shape instead of a rectangle shape. I now have a cd tray with ink on it! I e-mailed Epson and hopefully they have a solution or this printer is getting returned!
    This is going to sound harsh, but here goes...

Clean the tray with glass cleaner or wash with soap and water, and don't print shapes that are not the same size as the media you are printing onto. Is that so hard? Common sense says don't print a large circle onto a smaller rectangle.

Or if for some reason you can't avoid making large circles, put a thin sheet of paper under the business card that is the same size as a full 12cm disk.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  6. That wasn't so harsh. The thing is that the 8 cm ring that goes in the cd tray is shaped like a business card cd-r and I read online that it can print the shape. I tried using Nero cd label maker and it will only work with labels and not direct to disc printing. Did Epson drop the ball on this one? I think they did. Should I have to rig up a piece of paper under my cd-r to make a $400 printer do what I was told it could do?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could always make the rectangular artwork in a photo editor, and then bring it into the printCD software. I don't think Avery has a proper template for those cd's either. It is a whole market segment that most companies don't acknowledge.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another thought, if you make a cardboard filler around the CD, you could make your artwork so that it over prints. Then you will never have any edges showing, but just a thought.
    Quote Quote