VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I have a Sony DCR-TRV11 DV camera and I have used DVD Workshop 2.0, Ulead Video Studio 7.0, and Scenalyzer all to import and save my AVI file. Both Ulead products comvert the AVI to MPEG (single file). I've used other converters such as Canopus Procoder 1.5, TMPG, and CCE to also convert the AVI which produce separate movie and audio files. When I author the DVD and burn it to DVD, the video appears "jumpy" when the camera is in motion (panning) on my Sony C660 DVD player. When I watch it on my personal Sony DVD player, it is very smooth. Is the problem a problem with the media I'm using in the C660, or the C660 itself. The C660 is about 3 years old, not progressive scan. My TV is a normal 35" RCA, not digital. I cannot figure it out, and I'd like to know before I go out and buy another DVD player! The jumpy video is very irritating. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Reading around here I found lots of voodoo about setting the bit rate for the video properties of the project to higher then that of the source video. I don't think that's strictly the problem here. I fought with DVD Workshop 2 all weekend and here's what finally worked for me:

I believe DVD Workshop does the conversion on your mpeg when it doesn't like the properties, and I believe it's very picky. Here are the properties (as reported by DVD Workshop) which worked for me:
    (This is for an NTSC, interlaced video)

MPEG-2 Video, Lower Field First
    24 Bits, 720x480
    29.970 Frames/Sec
    VBR (max 8000 kbps)

LPCM Audio
    48000 Hz, Stereo

For me, I beileve the kicker was the audio. I was editing in MediaStudio, and the default "ntsc dvd" template had mpeg audio as the default audio, changing it to LPCM did the trick.

As was mentioned, once you have a clip with the right properties in DVD Workshop, click it and make sure that in _both_ the video and audio tabs "Convert To Disc Template" is UNchecked.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i had a jumpy video when captured from dv to mpeg2.
    when i captured to avi and converted to mpeg2 later it was ok.
    don't know why that happened, but i was glad it worked out.
    Music was my first love, and it will be my last
    Quote Quote