VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Any one know of a 4x thermal printable DVD-R (as one would use with the TDK or Casio printers/titlers) that has a completely logo-free/unbranded top (preferrably with no stacking ring)?

Also, I have read that the shiny white tops are not as good as the silver ones when using the Casio CW 50/75 or the TDK titlers. Is there really a difference as long as they are thermal (and not inkjet) printable discs?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't think they make a disk derscribed a thermal. i have the cw-75 and it prints fine on any smooth, must be smooth, top disk.

I suspect that when they say that the shiny white tops aren't as good to print on, they may be wrong. I'll look around for a coaster princo, white top, to test on. They may mean that princo aren't all that good a disk. I got a spindle cheap, but several didn't play back very good. I just printed a TDK 2X -R that had a space on top and bottom where the cw-75 wants to print and it looks good. And it has some lines on it that make it easy to line up for the printing. A Generic disk may end up with the top and bottom printing not being parallel since there are no guide marks on it. And the Casio requires you to turn the disk 180 degrees inthe printing process.

If you find any top quality, brand name, plain top disks, please post here.

My Distributors keep changing brands and styles from order to order.

I did buy the 3 pack Verbatim @$5.00 @ Best Buy today. The ones that look like reels of film in a plastic case. Mainly for when I transfer home movies (S-VHS) camcorder footage to send to relatives.

They also had spindles of 50 for $50 after 8 mail-in rebate, but with no speed given I was looking for 4X

Anyway Good luck

If you haven't already bought, FWIW I bought the CW-75 because of the keyboard, but you know what? I always use it on the computer so I could have bought the CW-50 and saved some money.

Cheers
    Quote Quote