VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. What is the best dvd burning software to create dvd`s , but i also want to be easy to use & be able to create good menus.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    burning and creating menu's would be different software, creating menu's would fall into the author dvd catagory, as far as menu's go..i would use dvd-lab. for burning, i use nero but heard good stuff about recordnow.

[EDIT] or actually for burning if u don't wanna spend money use imagetools to make an iso of the dvd and burn with dvddecrypter.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks i`ll give dvd-lab a try.
    Quote Quote  
  4. tmpgenc dvd author is neat too. Its not freeware, obviously. But I made one dvd a week ago and it was a breeze. It can do nice custom menus, titles, and whatever else you want with it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have used Nero (5 & 6), Roxio 6, RecordNow, Ulead Movie Factory 2 SE and 1 or 2 other ones I could not remember off hand. I am sticking with Nero first. Roxio second.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Mark Mc
    What is the best dvd burning software to create dvd`s , but i also want to be easy to use & be able to create good menus.
    AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

makntraks
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have used and think Adobe Encore is the best for authoring dvd's. Yes it's true it's not the most user freindly software but once you get the hang of it, it's the most flexible and customizable software I have ever used. Just make sure you apply the update as it fixes many bugs the software had originally.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by makntraks
    Originally Posted by Mark Mc
    What is the best dvd burning software to create dvd`s , but i also want to be easy to use & be able to create good menus.

makntraks

Whats up with you???

Thanks for all the good suggestions i`ll try a few out & decide which one(s) to use.
    Quote Quote  
  9. tmpgenc DVD Author will author and has a built in burning tool that works quite well.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Mark Mc
    Originally Posted by makntraks

makntraks

Whats up with you???

Thanks for all the good suggestions i`ll try a few out & decide which one(s) to use.
    Guess others have more patience than I....
    This was such a n00b question, I had no choice but to yak...

makntraks

p.s
    SEARCH is your friend...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Search is the friend of the ambitious, not the lazy.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what guide is going to tell him what is the best burning software? none, so hes asking questions from experienced people about the pros and cons of the various burners. chill out
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    TMPGEnc DVD Author for menu creation and burning all in one.

IMO Nero is the best straight burning application hands down and by a country mile.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

makntraks

Whats up with you???

Relax.

Here's the way things usually go around here....

Noob buys a PC or some hardware like a burner, sets everything up, installs his software and loads up his video files, puts a DVD blank into his drive and presses the big "make DVD" button and ends up with shitty results.

Noob discovers this site. Noob joins the forum and makes a post just like you did here that we've all seen a million times. Noob then gets the following standard responses....

Noob is told to read the guides provided to the left.

Noob usually gets an answer to a question from another forum member and doesn't have to read the guide to get his answer.

That's all well and good, because that's what forums are here for...promoting the free exchange of information.

This is what usually happens next....

Noob that went and read some guides to find the answer to his problem usually finds it and discovers the wealth of info that a lot of people here have put a great deal of time and effort into, and continues to read and learn, and is usually not heard from untill he really gets stuck on something and can't find his answer by searching the site.

Noob that posted a question and got a quick response that solved his problem without having to read through any of the guides is usually back right away with a littany of noob questions he expects to be answered because he's stuck again at the next step of a multi-step process involved with creating a DVD that he was unaware of.

This is also fine, because again, that's why forums like this exist - to encourage the free & open exchange of information & ideas. It just gets to some people, seeing the same questions asked over and over and over.

That's why you had to wait 24 hours after you registered before you could post here.
    "There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon." -- Raoul Duke
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    This was such a n00b question, I had no choice but to yak...
    Jeez mate, 85 posts and a member for 6 months....who is the NOOB ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGenc DVD Author is for beginners.
    It is very limited.
    No audio or motion menus.
    In other words Junk!!!!

DVD Architect all the way
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes and this is a newbie area.............so what is the beef???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    be able to create good menus
    It doesn't create good menus
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by richdvd
    It is very limited.
    In other words Junk!!!!

DVD Architect all the way
    Do you actually have anything to offer up other than the inane, subjective tripe you've offered up so far on this site?
    "There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon." -- Raoul Duke
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    isn't everyone subject to there own opinions on here?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Apparently you do not.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    why don't you spy on someone else's posts?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    why don't you spy on someone else's posts?
    Because I don't single everybody out. Just the pompous ******** who don't contribute anything of use.

Like you.

Being the better man here, I'm walking away from this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you rule!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    It is very limited.
    In other words Junk!!!!
    You obviously don't know how to use it. You can do audio and motion menus but you need to know how to do it.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  26. DVD-lab.

I've burned hundreds of DVDs with no problems.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    > IMO Nero is the best straight burning application hands down and by a country mile.

I especially like the way it labels every disk "New" no matter what label you type in. I haven't found any other software that's so efficient in ignoring what you tell it to do.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by BobK
    I especially like the way it labels every disk "New" no matter what label you type in. I haven't found any other software that's so efficient in ignoring what you tell it to do.
    I especially like the way NOOBS like you don't know what you're doing or what you're talking about. Nero does everything you tell it - you obviously aren't telling it correctly. Don't blame software for user error.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    > I especially like the way NOOBS like you

Look to the left:

"BobK

jimmalenko
    A Jackass

Excuse my newness. At least you picked the correct nickname there.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    :P
    I personally have a liking for the way a lot of stuff is done to the source material you feed Nero, without Nero telling you anything about what it's up to, in its eternal wisdom!

/Mats
    Quote Quote