VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    for your information - Peter Jackson is pushing for LoTR to be released in HDTV -- perhaps next year or 2006 as soon as existing dvd sales drop off ..

of course keep in mind there are an additonal 6 hours of film "in the can" that can be edited down to an additional 2-3 hours on top of the extended versions already ..

i bet we see the whole thing back in the theaters ....
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    also -- PJ will directing and producing "The Hobbit" ...... though that project is a bit far off as he has two pictures to do now and there is some legal isue on the rights to the book/movie rights to clear up (i bet the family wants a whole bunch more money than last movie rights) ...
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Will it come out on D-VHS or on AOD/Blu-Ray?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    D-VHS is having a lot of problems .. why it isnt used pro
    Quote Quote  
  5. How many more versions of this do we need? There is already a standard version and a special edition with 500 bazillion extra discs, then the 500 bazzilion disc version with the statuettes.

Talk about raping your audience with the same thing over and over again!

The movie, IMO, were OK, but not great, and fleecing DVD buyers this way is silly. However, it does seem to appear that people are buying this so who am I to stand in the way of a capitalist trying to make money.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Good point, its for this reason I believe that once we pay for one copy of it, we are entitled to free upgrades for life.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Moloko_Plus
    Good point, its for this reason I believe that once we pay for one copy of it, we are entitled to free upgrades for life.

hehehe - yea ok ....

i will go to toyota and see if that will work
    Quote Quote  
  8. I think that's a bad new, because PJ said that the extended versions would be the final versions.
    Quote Quote  
  9. The problem with the hobbit is that new line cinema has the production rights but MGM has the distribution rights, so they would basically have to agree on a deal before this project could commence. Peter Jackson stated on UK radio a few days ago that there will be a legal wrangle that could go on for years before the film could be made, but he would be kept busy in the mean time with King Kong.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I really do not see any thing bad about bring lord of the ring to HDTV or HD-DVD format alway's change. Second no one's is put a gun to your head saying you have to buy this. It's funny some people get really mad when there a new version that better. I say let there be another version if he want to edit it or bring out a HD version. I still have the other DVD's. It's like the Star Wars SE I like the old star wars. I really do not care about this DVDbox set coming out now. I made my LD to DVD. I'm happy I might pick up the box set to to have it but if I pass no big deal.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good point, its for this reason I believe that once we pay for one copy of it, we are entitled to free upgrades for life.
    Call me crazy but I said something to this effect not too long ago on one of the copyright threads.

I suggested that once you buy a movie a first time you pay a premium to own a part of the copyright. A special copyright that says you are entitled not to distribute or make copies for sale but that you own the movie for life (or a period of time like 10 years or something like that).

Then whenever you need a new copy because the one you have got lost or destroyed or whatever you could get another copy for a reasonable price. Like $5.00 or $10.00 at the most.

This would also include upgraded versions with additional material like special editions, extended cuts and even new formats like HDTV DVD etc.

No one ever replied to that post I made though. Maybe too radical an idea?

Of course you would have to pay a premium for the first copy. Maybe something like $30 to $50

Hell I used to have a LaserDisc player and was more than used to paying $50 to $125 for most movies.

Oh well ...

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

P.S.
    As far as I see it you either go this route or you charge a REASONABLE price for stuff. There is no need for any one DVD to ever be more than say $20 and look at MGM ... they have a ton of DVD movies with a MSRP of $15.00 that can often be found for $10.00 on store shelves.

So either charge a high upfront price with next to nothing for upgrades or charge as little as possible with no such upgrades.
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  12. bet we see the whole thing back in the theaters
    Yes the Americans are re-making it with Arnold swarzennegger as Frodo, Sylvester Stallone as Bilbo Baggins and Eddie Murphy as Gandalf
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by RabidDog
    bet we see the whole thing back in the theaters
    Yes the Americans are re-making it with Arnold swarzennegger as Frodo, Sylvester Stallone as Bilbo Baggins and Eddie Murphy as Gandalf
    go roger your mum in the loo, dumbass fog breather.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jeex
    Originally Posted by RabidDog
    bet we see the whole thing back in the theaters
    go roger your mum in the loo, dumbass fog breather.

Hey, bastard, I thought that phrase was reserved for me?
    Anyway, he made a good point you inbred gun-toting freak
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by BJ_M

hehehe - yea ok ....

i will go to toyota and see if that will work
    lol
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    weird, about two days ago i wrote LOTR was basically the only movie i wish to see on HD, and here it is announced!

Hmm.

"I wish to see George Bush replaced with someone competent"

See how that one goes.....
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by flaninacupboard
    weird, about two days ago i wrote LOTR was basically the only movie i wish to see on HD, and here it is announced!

Hmm.

"I wish to see George Bush replaced with someone competent"

See how that one goes.....
    that happened 12 years ago, that mans name... Bill Clinton.. the greatest president in the history of humankind.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    taft was better .... but no politics please ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    actually, it'd be nice to see 2001 mastered from the original 70mm onto HD.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I think the hobbit would suck compared to the LOTR trilogy. Viewers would be very dissappointed. Except for people who read it
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Talk about raping your audience with the same thing over and over again!
    This happens a lot with music cd's all too often. They kepp bringing out the same album and call it 'special edition' when all they really do is add 1 extra track.
    I noticed it most recently on Elton Johns greatest hits where the last hit "Are you ready for Love" wasn't on the version a friend of mine bought but it was on mine.
    So has he released thousands of albums or is it really like 50 and lots of slightly different versions.
    Quote Quote