VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Firmware Upgrade 2.0A

Improvements: Improves reading and writing performance on DVD-R. Improves reliability and recognition on certain DVD-R's.

Enhancements: This free firmware upgrade will allow Sony DRU-530A and DRX-530UL drives to be able to record at 8X maximum on DVD-R media, and 4X maximum on DVD-RW media. Appropriate speed rated media is required.

Compatibility: This firmware upgrade is for Sony-branded DRU-530A and DRX-530UL drives only. It will not upgrade any other Sony drive models and could cause non-compatible drives to become non-functional if this firmware is flashed to them.

http://sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/dru510adwn.htm
    Quote Quote  
  2. Keep your old FW around just in case as you can't get it from sony.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i don't see the firmware 2.0a for the dru510a, only the 1.0f

i know there is a firmware 2.0a for the dru530a
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have to apologize for this 'not-intirely correct' post...

After posting this 2.0A firmware upgrade, I tried to install it on my Win98 system and it didn't recognize my DRU530A drive -- then read the installation message, "For Windows 2000 and XP". I don't run either. So I went back to Sony's site to see if there was a Win98/SE version, and couldn't find one.

Oh yeah....

After going to the Sony link (above), you need to select the DRU530A from the dropdown list of drives on that page -- otherwise, you'll only see the v1.0f firmware update on the page.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Subject of thread:
    Sony DRU-510A Firmware Upgrade 2.0A
    Text in your post:
    This firmware upgrade is for Sony-branded DRU-530A and DRX-530UL drives only. It will not upgrade any other Sony drive models and could cause non-compatible drives to become non-functional if this firmware is flashed to them.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote