VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Firmware Upgrade 2.0A

Improvements: Improves reading and writing performance on DVD-R. Improves reliability and recognition on certain DVD-R's.

Enhancements: This free firmware upgrade will allow Sony DRU-530A and DRX-530UL drives to be able to record at 8X maximum on DVD-R media, and 4X maximum on DVD-RW media. Appropriate speed rated media is required.

Compatibility: This firmware upgrade is for Sony-branded DRU-530A and DRX-530UL drives only. It will not upgrade any other Sony drive models and could cause non-compatible drives to become non-functional if this firmware is flashed to them.

http://sony.storagesupport.com/dvdrw/dru510adwn.htm
    Quote Quote  
  2. Keep your old FW around just in case as you can't get it from sony.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i don't see the firmware 2.0a for the dru510a, only the 1.0f

i know there is a firmware 2.0a for the dru530a
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have to apologize for this 'not-intirely correct' post...

After posting this 2.0A firmware upgrade, I tried to install it on my Win98 system and it didn't recognize my DRU530A drive -- then read the installation message, "For Windows 2000 and XP". I don't run either. So I went back to Sony's site to see if there was a Win98/SE version, and couldn't find one.

Oh yeah....

After going to the Sony link (above), you need to select the DRU530A from the dropdown list of drives on that page -- otherwise, you'll only see the v1.0f firmware update on the page.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Subject of thread:
    Sony DRU-510A Firmware Upgrade 2.0A
    Text in your post:
    This firmware upgrade is for Sony-branded DRU-530A and DRX-530UL drives only. It will not upgrade any other Sony drive models and could cause non-compatible drives to become non-functional if this firmware is flashed to them.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote