VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. TVtool is a great TVOut utility that a friend uses. The problem for me is that it only works with NVidia cards and not my ATI Rage. Does anyone know of a similar utility? Using the TVout without one can be tedious when you have to manually change the resolution, switch the tvout on, going through submenu after submenu.

M
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Errrrrr..............?

Not on my ati (or anyone elses I know)................set it up once and forget. Maybe spending a few quid/dollars/whatever on a newer card (anything 7500 upwards) would be money better spent than on a TV-out utility of dubious value...................oh and haven't you heard of hotkeys?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Duh. Hot keys are the reason I wanted to use TVTOOL. With my current setup (about 20 clicks) this can't be done. I have to go in and change the resolution to 800 x 600 first.

M
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry man, the Rage is just too old to find tools for like this. With the ATi Catalyst drivers, hotkey support is included, so there's really no reason for anyone to write software like you seek.

You may have luck finding an older app written for the Rage series, I would recommend the forums over at www.rage3d.com for more Rage and ATi specific knowledge

monzie has a point though, you could get a Radeon or GeForce MX for about 30 bucks over at www.pricewatch.com.
    Quote Quote