VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using the Pioneer DVDRW 105 and have tried to use the Generic-mmc driver to burn to VCD not DVD but it does not work, I am also using VCDeasy V1.6, do I need a newer version or I am I doing something else wrong
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi!
    What happends? Any error message? If you can't burn directly from VCDEasy, then I suggest you try burn a Image-file and the use Nero to burn your image to the CD.

// Znooky
    Quote Quote  
  3. It says that it cant activate the drive and to try and change the force driver which I have done on a number of occaisions, I have also tried to burn the bin/cue file using nero which tells me to overburn so have set it up to do that and it cant write disc at once after that I have even tried using bigger CDs and nero wont entertain them either even when I change to settings to 90 min CDs
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Older versions have this problem. I remember that in 1.1.7.2 with Pioneer A06, I had to change the driver each time, but I was able to burn at the end. The latest 2.0 supports SPTI in WinXP and works without hassle. In any case, you can use BAO (freeware) to burn the image.

www.burnatonce.com
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    moggy1917 -- what aspi layer do you have? i have the pioneer 105, aspi 4.6.0 (adaptec force aspi layer), using the generic mmc driver, and an older free version of vcd easy (can't recall the exact version, though i think it is 1.1.7.2) running on a sony vaio desktop with XP. check here . i think i had to do the force aspi to burn with vcdeasy's engine since i did not have nero at the time. the alternative, as others suggested, was to create an image with vcd easy and burn with nero (also described in the above link).
    Quote Quote